PADI vs SDI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe that SDI was first with solo diver, first with an emphasis on computer diving vs tables, and some other firsts. Think they were one of the first with an emphasis on elearning. In each case PADI followed up with the same thing.

Not a bash. Just my observation. Larger organizations are often less nimble than smaller ones.

You are correct. I'm not sure that agility falls under "philosophy," however. Maybe.

I posed a question, no one had an answer so I did some reading and answered it to my satisfaction. I relayed what my thoughts on the subject are to a member via PM and he agreed 100%, not to say my conclusion is right but can we both be wrong? I won't write it out because PADI guys may get bent and SDI guys may get bent, who knows and I don't feel like reading the crap that I'm sure will ensue from a response. Had I given the subject just a bit more thought I would not have posted the question in the first place, I would have done what I did and found my own answer. If after finding out that I answered it myself, anyone still needs an answer I'd suggest reading my original question and finding the answer on your own

Yeah, right. I'm an instructor for both agencies so probably have more access to info than you do, and I find nothing useful relating to your question.
I think you are making it all up to avoid embarassment to yourself, not to the agencies.
Two people agree on something and that makes it true? LOL.

Exactly what I was trying to avoid, a ridiculously stupid response, but I get one anyway....I'm done with this thread continue it at your leisure.

Exactly what I was trying to avoid, a ridiculously stupid response, but I get one anyway....I'm done with this thread continue it at your leisure.

LOL! Hey, it's been going pretty well without any input from you anyway! Bye.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom