Palace Hotel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Palace is very, very nice. No question about that. I just wish it wasn't completely all-inclusive. I just don't think AI works in Cozumel. The restaurants in town are too close, too good, and too cheap to ignore the whole time you're there. I've done AI and I know how it is. You really don't want to eat anywhere else because you're essentially paying twice.

-Charles

Cozumel Palace is the best AI on the island in terms of food, service and amenities. Aqua Safari is the onsite dive op and they are one of the oldest on the island. You won't get the longest bottom times with them, but they provide an excellent service and cater to experienced and novice divers alike.

The resort is located close to town so you don't need to pay taxi fares. It is also directly across the street from the Chedruai store to purchase almost anything you will need while on the island. You will be very pleased with the quality of the service and the food at this resort...

rje634:
We are staying there in Jan 08 on a time-share trade and it's $2100 just for the AI Fees!

I didn't know about the additional AI fees until after I booked the time-share trade. We are staying there for our one-year anniversary at the end of this year in December. They are charging $2856 for the AI fees alone! :shakehead:

Unfortunately, I don't want to disappoint the Mrs. at this point, so I have to $uck up the cost. :(

I hope that we have a good time, and I'd like to get some good diving in.

liuk3:
They are charging $2856 for the AI fees alone!

rje634:
We are staying there in Jan 08 on a time-share trade and it's $2100 just for the AI Fees!

Good god! Is it really worth it? I booked an entire vacation package to FA for 7 nights with air, AI and diving for $2100 for 3! I'm so tight, I squeak when I walk but what can be so great about the food and drinks for it to cost $2100-$2856? YMMV

My wife and I have been to the Cozumel Palace the last two years. We love it. We have always stayed with Palace resorts (3 times at Moon and 2 times at Cozumel) and it is top notch. I recommend using a premier member to book through...you will save money and get transfers, massages, mani/pedi's, and discounts at the spa. I used BXTS, but the people at Aqua Safari seemed very nice.

Here is the member we booked through... http://www.pippinsvacations.com/PalaceResorts/palaceresorts.htm

Hope you have fun!

driftin' by:
Good god! Is it really worth it? I booked an entire vacation package to FA for 7 nights with air, AI and diving for $2100 for 3! I'm so tight, I squeak when I walk but what can be so great about the food and drinks for it to cost $2100-$2856? YMMV

Believe me, I'm wondering the same thing. But, like I said, I didn't want to disappoint my wife after I told her we were going. Plus, I had already booked the flights using my miles. So, I figure that this will be hopefully a nice vacation for us. I'm pretty tight too and had originally booked the timeshare property because I thought it was going to be free at this location. My mistake. It also looks like it's coincidence that between Dec. 24-Jan 3rd (our wedding anniversary is Dec. 29) happens to be their peak week of the year. Doh! Well, last year we went to Bora Bora for our honeymoon, and this trip will be much much cheaper. I'll also just tell the wife to serve me up cup o' ramen for dinner everyday until the vacation. ;-)

I fully expect to be at least 10 pounds heavier on the trip home!!!
I'll feel compelled to eat my moneys worth, normally I'm not a very big drinker but I may have to develop a large drinking habit while I'm there....

liuk3:
Believe me, I'm wondering the same thing. But, like I said, I didn't want to disappoint my wife after I told her we were going. Plus, I had already booked the flights using my miles. So, I figure that this will be hopefully a nice vacation for us. I'm pretty tight too and had originally booked the timeshare property because I thought it was going to be free at this location. My mistake. It also looks like it's coincidence that between Dec. 24-Jan 3rd (our wedding anniversary is Dec. 29) happens to be their peak week of the year. Doh! Well, last year we went to Bora Bora for our honeymoon, and this trip will be much much cheaper. I'll also just tell the wife to serve me up cup o' ramen for dinner everyday until the vacation. ;-)
Bora Bora, Cozumel Palace, you're setting quite a precedence for the anniversary :D

we are heading to cozumel november 6th to 13th. and planning to stay at the palace. what is the story about the premier members discount? we will be booking soon and it looks like $278/night for two AI.

As a member of Palace Resorts you get a discounted rate. I'm a Palace Premier member and my cost for 8 days/7 nights all-inclusive is $1528 for two. It also includes free roundtrip transfers to/from airport and free spa treatments and other discounts only for members. Palace Resorts is the most expensive AI on the island, but you will know where that extra money went once you have stayed there, especially if you have stayed at the other AI's on the island. Their level of service and quality of food is the best I've found on the island.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom