Trip Report Palau Mar/Apr 2022 : Wrecks, Caves, & Reefs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks so much for the excellent trip report and great pictures. We are hopefully going in December with a big group from our local dive shop. These days, thinking about any travel 7 months away is not as much fun as it used to be given all that can happen in that timeframe. Being able enjoy Palau through your posts has been a nice experience. Thanks.

Rob

Thanks so much for the excellent trip report and great pictures. We are hopefully going in December with a big group from our local dive shop. These days, thinking about any travel 7 months away is not as much fun as it used to be given all that can happen in that timeframe. Being able enjoy Palau through your posts has been a nice experience. Thanks.

Rob

Thanks for the feedback and kind words. I have one more post to publish on the IJN Iro wreck. I'm almost done with it and will probably push it out tomorrow. I think it has over 40 pictures of the wreck.

I'm sure you will enjoy Palau.

- brett

Final post on the Palau trip is the IJN Iro wreck.

It is a world class wreck with easy access to the engine room. It has obvious torpedo damage in the bow from a battle the week before Operation Desecrate One sank her after she had limped back to Koror. The masts and king posts are very impressive with a huge amount of sea life on them and the stern gun is on a huge platform. The post includes about 40 pictures of the wreck.

Screen Shot 2022-04-24 at 6.46.57 AM.png

Going later this year on a dedicated technical diving & wreck focused trip on a live aboard but I think it is completely booked. DM me if you want more details. :)

- brett
Booking a trip today with AquaCat Bahamas for this fall.
Would be great to see wrecks every dive on your trip.
Send me the trip info so I can look it over.
Thanks again for such a great trip report.

Booking a trip today with AquaCat Bahamas for this fall.
Would be great to see wrecks every dive on your trip.
Send me the trip info so I can look it over.
Thanks again for such a great trip report.

I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I'll DM you the trip details.

I've heard good things about the AquaCat and I've heard the sharks can be amazing. Take a good camera setup. :)

- brett

Thank you great info

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom