Palm Beach Dive Show

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I found out about it last night (in Dive Training magazine), and my wife and I are thinking of coming down maybe for Saturday. If any other SB members are planning on attending, let me know, maybe we can catch up. I don't think we will have time to do any diving though.

jviehe; I may be in the area, and would love to hit the water. Have to iron out a few details yet. But sounds great!

Cheers,

Brett

Tom Winters:
If you're going to dive, you're going to need a car. You can stay within walking distance of the PB Convention Center or close to diving in not-so-lovely Riviera Beach, but not both.

If you want to be near diving, then Singer Island is a nice alternative to Riveria Beach. It's just on the other side of the Blue Heron Bridge.

IM planning on going to the tech conference events, so diving will have to take place around the show, friday morning, or on monday. Im going to be staying with peopel in Fort Lauderdale, and then Miami, so would like to plan some dives around that. Whats this dive palm beach thing at 7am every day?

Website isn't giving much detail on dives yet...I'm planning on attending some of the conference, mostly just to wander around; and Padipro I think will be living at the convention center for the weekend.

There isn't much for technical wreck diving in Palm Beach County....as far as I'm aware, the "good" (techish-level) stuff is mostly in Broward. The only "deep" wreck I'm aware of in PBCounty is down off Boynton, in @ 110/120 feet, if that qualifies. So I imagine any dives that weekend will be mostly recreational.

I haven't been out since before the hurricanes, and viz before them was 20 feet or so, and so far, word is that it's running @ 5 feet or so. Hopefully it will clear up some by then.

WPB is definitely not set up for the pedestrian.....the Convention Center is still bickering over the hotel that was also supposed to be built 3 years ago.......for cheap hotels, you'll have to go west of 95 or up in Riviera and chance getting shot. Unlike Broward, which still has some old Florida motels around, beachfront is reserved for the wealthy.

Check out THIS LINK for a $5.00 off coupon. I as well as other ScubaBoardians will be there at the ScubaBoard booth!

KBeck:
There isn't much for technical wreck diving in Palm Beach County....as far as I'm aware, the "good" (techish-level) stuff is mostly in Broward. The only "deep" wreck I'm aware of in PBCounty is down off Boynton, in @ 110/120 feet, if that qualifies. So I imagine any dives that weekend will be mostly recreational.

There's the Hydro Atlantic by Boca... It sits in 172' of water.

I know that's kind of far from WPB though... practically in Broward.

Well, there are actually a lot of deep tech diving opportunities in Palm Beach county but only a few of them are wrecks. The rest is the extensive deep ledge system that runs up the southern Florida offshore coastline.
The biggest problem accessing them is that no commercial dive ops really do them unless it's a custom charter. Not enough business for even a small six-pack tech boat.

Tom Winters:
Well, there are actually a lot of deep tech diving opportunities in Palm Beach county but only a few of them are wrecks. The rest is the extensive deep ledge system that runs up the southern Florida offshore coastline.

Yup. For example out of WPB there's the "Play Ground" or the 140 ft "Hole in the Wall" just North of the inlet off Juno/Jupiter.

Not a real deep dive, but one of my favorites in the area is the "Juno Ball" ... it's a good sized ledge that runs around 60-70ft on top and drops down to 90-100+ ft. The cattle boats don't come up here often, so it doesn't get the diving pressure that the shallower reefs, to the south get ... like "the Breakers". Consequently the Ball remains relatively untamed ... more marine life ... bigger fish. I've done entire dives where you just fold your arms and legs and just watch the ledge scenery constantly changing before your very eyes ... it's a great drift dive.

KBeck:
I haven't been out since before the hurricanes, and viz before them was 20 feet or so, and so far, word is that it's running @ 5 feet or so. Hopefully it will clear up some by then.

Hey, I just checked out the SCUBA Club's daily dive report. Looks like they had 50ft vis with 78 deg temps yesterday, Nov 8, at The Governor's River Walk. Nice shark pic posted, too. Can anyone verify the conditions ?

http://www.thescubaclub.com/dreport.html

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom