Panama City 22nd or 23rd?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

av8er23:
So considering I have no boat and am not cavern or cave certifed my only options around those parts are vortex and morrison.

SuPrBuGmAn:
You gotta get there by small boat or canoe/kayak.

SuPrBuGmAn:
You can rent canoes from Vortex. $10 for 2 hours or $50 for the day.

You have boats available to you.

Rent a canoe and goto Cypress, maybe hit Becton afterwards. If you can find enough stuff to look at for 2 tanks at Vortex, you can find 2 tanks worth of stuff to keep you busy at Cypress. Becton is fun to kill the remainder of a 2nd tank if you keep your second dive shorter.

Its not a long paddle, we've done the trip several times in canoes and still paddle upstream in a canoe when I don't feel like packing away Miss Jellyfish.

I'm not cavern certified either, but there are some caverns that I feel like I can handle without getting myself killed. I know better than to enter others - its all about getting informed on the divesite before diving it. Its good that you made this thread in order to figure these things out. I don't know how comfortable you are in your dive gear, especially while in an overhead environment, so I can't say that you can dive at so-n-so site without a problem.

Cavern is in my future, Intro will probably follow afterwards, just so I can see further into some of these holes and dive certain sites that I won't go into now.

Bah, get a luggage rack.

You can pay Vortex money to drop the canoes off at the boat launch at SR79, its a longer paddle from that particular boat launch, a few of us have done it, but its doable.

You can buy my Bronco of Doom when I buy a station wagon... of doom.

She runs :) She's just slow and very rough around the edges... You dont have a need for AC and working windows do you?

Wayward Son:
How much are you thinking to get for the BoD? My daughter is looking to buy her 1st ride next year. Needs to be cheap but mechanically sound.

Not looking to get a buttload of money by any means, I can't sell it till ~ mid next year anyway. Mechanically, its sound, its loud, has a V6 that drinks the hell out of gas, passenger window works, but the driver side is a bit screwy(can be fixed). No AC, but atleast the gas gauge doesn't work. For my purposes, its a perfect vehicle, but I don't see it as being the car for everyone.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom