Question Where are you viewing the 2023 & 2024 Solar Eclipses?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My house is about three miles from the center line, this is the forecast. Wondering if they can reschedule it until later in the week?

View attachment 834488
1711989686253.jpeg

I've seen many posts on FB about how crowded the roads will be after. I guess we were lucky in 2017 when we just got off the hiway blindly an hour before Totality and checked out the parks in a city of 35,000. The third park wasn't crowded and had dumpsters & porta-potties. After it was done, we hit the road to the airport, my daughter drove while I watched Google Maps and suggested some detours as slowdowns emerged on the site. We got to the airport quite early. Texas is a big place so I'll watch for faster roads as needed.

Many on FB are worried about the weather. It's always a risk so not for the faint-hearted. We're going and we'll discuss options the night before.

My view, if the eclipse was today.

1712333173500.jpeg

The forecast for Monday.

1712333136886.jpeg

We lucked out with the weather here north of Dallas - forecast really improved over the last 24 hours, and while we had some clouds we also had enough clear sky/thin overcast for it to be a pretty amazing show. Definitely lived up to the hype, especially since we didn't have to travel anywhere to see it.

I took a time lapse of totality in our wildflower meadow.

IMG_0533 by Jim Forte, on Flickr

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom