Panama city dive shops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Todd Yarbrough,
My account of the event is 100% correct. You must have me confused with another customer. There were two other individual male divers standing with me when we were told "no fund".

As I stated, I am the Head Instructor... I have not been a manager here for several years. I appologize if I have you confused with someone else, just seemed odd to have the same experience with multiple people. I was going to reply to you from the shop e mail, but thought that this, a more public approach was warrented since I am at fault. I try to make sure that people do not leave unhappy when I am here, it has been a goal of mine, and of Tony's to make customers happy. As for the kids not being allowed to issue refunds, that is 100% correct, the only person here who can authorize a refund is Tony, the owner, that means that everyone has to go through him.

As I said, I really do hate that you were inconvenienced, and I wish the boys had come to me so that it could have been explained then, but I still would not have been able to do anything until Tony was contacted.

Todd

I did my first dive charter in Panama City with Dive Locker. I have been completely pleased with them and have never had a reason to look anywhere else. Tony, Todd and the gang work hard. Some of my family and friends have been certified through them; they have an excellent training staff. Their charter boats, captain, and DM's rock!

I would be surprised if any business had 100% customer satisfaction, but this customer is 100% satisfied with Dive Locker.

All of the shops here in PC are great and recommendable. They've got their strengths and weaknesses (as anyone, anywhere does) or maybe I could better say it that they all have their own personalities. I gotta be honest about the above negative post - looks like someone who's just come by the board to guttersnipe. Some people won't be happy even if you give them the world. And some people, even with a legitimate issue to have rectified won't hear of anything less of using it to take the company for a ride. After all, they think they're the customer and they'er "always right" in their mind. Wrong them and they think they've now got a license to take double of everything. It's just not reasonable.

I moved into this forsaken place a decade ago. Came from what I consider the real side of Florida, erroneously thinking "how different can it be?"

Back "home" in Broward County I never felt the need of owning a boat, on the opposite... my philosophy back then was that it was crazy to own a boat, when I can choose from a list of boats to go diving for a very reasonable price.

So I moved up here in '01 and what a shock. For starters the prices were at least double, granted it takes for ever and a day to get to a dive site to yes I understand the need for more fuel means more cost, but then came the real deal breaker: at least back then, their typical MO was to get your name over the phone to reserve a spot and that's it. Hmmm what a friendly trusting quaint place, they don't ask for credit card #'s, I wondered.
Well, many many times, the morning of the dive you are already in the boat around 45minutes before the "so called" departure time with no one else besides the capt and crew. Departure time comes and goes and still no one shows up. I guess the trip is cancelled. wtf? so me, the local (potentially loyal) diver gets screwed because the tourist that called the previous Monday, went drinking the night before and doesn't feel like getting up early or even make a phone call to cancel.
I had enough of that in a couple of years, so I did what most of the locals do: got myself a boat and what a great decision that was. Turns out not only I like diving I enjoy boating enormously.

So I have no recommendation for dive boats, but for dive shops you can't go wrong with Dive Locker and PC Dive Charters, both owners Pat and Tony along with their people will go great lengths to get your business.

Good luck here, I personally had my fill of the place, hopefully I'll get my transfer soon and go back home to Pompano Beach were I can go back to a real ocean.

I moved into this forsaken place a decade ago. Came from what I consider the real side of Florida, erroneously thinking "how different can it be?"
Good luck here, I personally had my fill of the place, hopefully I'll get my transfer soon and go back home to Pompano Beach were I can go back to a real ocean.

LOL! Tell us what you REALLY think about PCB! Good luck to you as well! Home is a great place!!

LOL...I LOVE it here. I've been spoiled with a lot of diving in the top places, Cozumel, GK, Bahamas, Keys, etc. and it for sure ain't those, but it is better than land locked any day and there's much worse for sure that ain't land locked. :)

+1 for Pat Green and Panama City Dive Charters. My buddies and I live about an hour west of PCB and we dive with PBDC frequently. I have not had a bad experience with any PCB Shop, just an exceptional one with PCDC!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom