Panama City Vis?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

http://www.flyinginflatableboats.com/

I found this link a few months after I saw one being towed behind a truck in Mobile. The wings weren't attached on the one I saw, just a RIB with a huge motor and prop - I thought it was some crazy redneck trying to make a swamp boat before I actually found a website for em.

Could be alotta fun :D

I do see those all the time there. Are you still looking for bars, or have you already been for your training? If you haven't been yet, tell me a little more about your kind of crowd, and I'll point you to some good spots. I used to live there, and there is quite a variety from biker bars to tourist traps and college hangouts to a couple of nice places on the water.

Sandworm 40:
Zodiac type inflatable suspended under an ultralight (powered hang glider). Seen fairly often in St. Andrews Bay, Panama City, FL.

Hello FSUDiver,
I'm a commercial diver, now working with submarines. I'm a friggin liberal from the left coast. I was told there were two bars there that catered to the folks at the Navies Experimental dive unit, the "down the hatch" and the "ten foot stop". Are these places still there? I like a intelligent crowd that doesn't take itself to seriously.

I'm planning on taking some ultra-light lessons there for a week.
Thanks for any info.

Ted

fsudiver:
I do see those all the time there. Are you still looking for bars, or have you already been for your training? If you haven't been yet, tell me a little more about your kind of crowd, and I'll point you to some good spots. I used to live there, and there is quite a variety from biker bars to tourist traps and college hangouts to a couple of nice places on the water.

Hi Ted, I apologize for the delay. I haven't been visiting the forum as much lately, but I did go diving again in Panama City today. Both those places you mentioned were very popular with divers, especially Navy divers, but they went by the wayside as drinking and diving did. A local friend, a former Navy guy, told me that he thought those two places were "the" hangout spots for divers and that there unfortunately isn't anything like them around Panama City today.

I was just at Boatyard tonight...that's a nice place you might like, right at the Marina. I went with a few dive friends who said it was the most "hip" place they had seen in PC that reminded them of home (two were from CA and the other from NYC). Have a great time there!

Teddanger:
Hello FSUDiver,
I'm a commercial diver, now working with submarines. I'm a friggin liberal from the left coast. I was told there were two bars there that catered to the folks at the Navies Experimental dive unit, the "down the hatch" and the "ten foot stop". Are these places still there? I like a intelligent crowd that doesn't take itself to seriously.

I'm planning on taking some ultra-light lessons there for a week.
Thanks for any info.

Ted

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom