Part Time Education?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
S

Saeris

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Good morning folks. This is my first post of many (hopefully). Sorry if this has already been posted before, but basically I’m interested in specifically becoming a Bell / Sat Diver and would like to pursue an education that will prepare me for that career, but all the institutes are long term dedications to technical schools. Seeing as I’m active duty military, this just isn’t an option for me. Is there any possible way for me to obtain my certificates in a way that’s more accessible to people who have to work a full time job and can’t relocate?

Sorry if this has already been posted before, but basically I’m interested in specifically becoming a Bell / Sat Diver and would like to pursue an education that will prepare me for that career, but all the institutes are long term dedications to technical schools.

I moved your post to the Commercial Divers Forum to get feedback from sat divers. Please look through this forum for insights into the industry. Can I ask what branch of the service you are in and what are you trained in? Do those skills apply to underwater work?

As you will see in this forum, saturation diving is just a means to get you to a deep worksite to perform tasks that the client is willing to pay an enormous amount of money to get done. For all practical purposes, sat diving is in service to the offshore oil industry.

I’ve sure you’ve read through all the information on this site and others by now, so I won’t Labour any points, but to become a Sat diver, you first have to become an certified, experienced and competent Air Diver which is where your focus should be. If you can’t hack the Air Diving process, you won’t get a sniff of Sat…

OP hasn't been back since the day after his first post, and hasn't seen any replies. Not very patient, or maybe he got PCS'ed and has different priorities now.

Back
Top Bottom