Patch a wing bladder pinch flat and prevent?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I patched a leak a couple of years ago. No problems to date. I suppose if the leak was on a seam, it might be a challenge to fix.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"Inspect and repair a pinch flat with new bladder and new wing locator push tabs."

I didn't realize the push tabs were $50. I remove them anyway, and use something a little different.

When I sent the wing back the price was only $40, I purchased extra push tabs as spares. I don't remember the exact price but it was not $50, maybe $5 or $10.

---------- Post added March 25th, 2015 at 08:47 AM ----------

I patched a leak a couple of years ago. No problems to date. I suppose if the leak was on a seam, it might be a challenge to fix.

Depends on the size of the hole. Remember the outer shell prevents the bladder from expanding fully taking stress off the seams.

Agreed. I'm just saying I would try to patch a hole and test it, before buying a new bladder.

"Inspect and repair a pinch flat with new bladder and new wing locator push tabs."

I didn't realize the push tabs were $50. I remove them anyway, and use something a little different.

PM me your name and invoice number. If you were charged $100 for a bladder there has been an error and we will fix it.

We had some new staffers in the last 12 months and it's possible there was an error made.

I will add that we do not recommend bolting your wing to your plate. Nearly all the wings we see returned with pinched bladders show signs of having been bolted to the back plate.

Tobin

I use nylon automotive push-loc rivets... maintains a secure yet loose enough connection. Thanks Tobin.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom