PC Dive Center 4 hour dive trip in Panama City, user experiences, please?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have to agree with redwing19, Better Bottom Time is an excellent operation to go out with. DM Kelly will help sort out what is "ailing" you. I did a 3 tank offshore July 2 with them and had a blast. Capt John is also very knowledgeable and helpful. If you need a buddy, send me a PM, I'm down there every other weekend diving :)

@Kevin, Rambo is the bomb!!! :) shame he drives a cattle boat :(

I have to agree with redwing19, Better Bottom Time is an excellent operation to go out with. DM Kelly will help sort out what is "ailing" you. I did a 3 tank offshore July 2 with them and had a blast. Capt John is also very knowledgeable and helpful. If you need a buddy, send me a PM, I'm down there every other weekend diving :)

@Kevin, Rambo is the bomb!!! :) shame he drives a cattle boat :(

I like the Better Bottom Time boat from what I've seen of it in pictures and the way you walk right off the folding transom into the water. I'll have to check them out this weekend. I know where PC Dive Center is, where are the folks that have the Better Bottom Time boat, it's PC Dive Charters is that right? Are they located at Capt. Anderson's Marina?

For PC Dive Charters, see the link in my sig line. Give them a call, they book for Better Bottom Time as well as their own boat. I have no hesitation recommending you to take Pat's class, nor of diving BBT with John.

The BBT boat is located in a small marina just east(3 or 400 yards) of the Hathaway Bridge on Hwy 98 next to the Sun Harbor condos/hotel(?)

AOW is not all about going deep, although that is a component. Work your way down on some of the structure mentioned above. Remember, the difference in 60 and 90 is only 10 yards. Main thing is to stay within your personal comfort level.

AOW is not all about going deep, although that is a component. Work your way down on some of the structure mentioned above. Remember, the difference in 60 and 90 is only 10 yards. Main thing is to stay within your personal comfort level.

I'm thinking that the deepest these sites are at 70-75ft. and working my way down from 40ft. at the top of the bridge spans or wrecks to the near the bottom, I should be OK. The deepest I dive usually in Lake Lanier north of Atlanta is around 40ft. Too cold and vis too bad to go any deeper in the lake water.

The deepest I dive usually in Lake Lanier north of Atlanta is around 40ft. Too cold and vis too bad to go any deeper in the lake water.

My instructor used to call it Lake Latrine. I always got a kick out of that. I am minutes from Lake Latrine but have never had the desire to dive in it. I applaud you for going 40 feet into it.

Last edited:
My instructor used to call it Lake Latrine. I always got a kick out of that. I am minutes from Lake Latrine but have never had the desire to dive in it. I applaude you for going 40 feet into it.

Unfortunately, I agree with you. It's water and that's it. Bad vis and cold. If I didn't have it though I wouldn't have much of a place at all to dive and doing a dive or two in Florida once a year ain't being much of a diver IMHO.
Atlanta would be perfect if it was on the coast, I always say.

But now, I've got to put on my big boy diver pants on and hit the drink on Mon. a.m. in PC if the weather holds up and there is calm seas.

Lanier gets better once you pass the 60-70 ft marker. It tends to get clearer the deeper you go. I've hit 120' near the dam and vis was as far as your light can shine. It is cold though.

I have taken my 13/14 year old son on two four hour boat dives in PCB. We did Black Bart/Bridge span and Red Sea/Uss Strength. Last year when we did Black Bart/Bridge Span it was our first dive together and one of our first "real dives" with the first one being the Jetties.

Fortunately for us a couple on the boat had an issue where they only had one serviceable rig (they lost an o-ring) so one of them was able to be a bit of a tour guide for us. I will admit that on the first dive we were really nervous and stayed at the the black bart wheel house. The second dive we were fine. On our trip this year we were very comfortable with the dive and went down to the bottom (70 feet I believe).

As far as the jetties goes I have never really timed it right to be an easy dive from the kiddie pool and it kinda stresses me out. We always find current when we have tried (1-2 hours before high tide) although we did find that diving to the end of the jetty beach side is a really, really easy stress free dive. We did have a fun experience this year and did a bit of a drift dive from the beach end to the kiddie pool.

Back
Top Bottom