PDC bull sharks wiped out.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are plenty of dive ops that feed, I'm truly on the fence with this practice..
This is something that I want to do, to see these beautiful creatures up close like that would be amazing...

I *think* Phantom are the only op that feeds them, not sure.

I have heard that said on this board before but have never seen anyone atest to it as a fact....should that be the case it is a policy that should be changed. :no:We have dove with them in the past during the summer periods and have found them to be a reputable shop. Personally, I dive because I want to see the undersea world in it's natural state. I do not want to see artifically created situations - ie baiting for the tourists. I can see that at Seaworld. I thrill of diving is you never know what you are going to see! Kinda like fishing....somedays are good, somedays are not.

Well, it's Saturday, and it's been a flurry of activity here in PDC and all over the interwebs. First - THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to everyone who signed the petition and passed it on. Right now, there 477 signatures, from every corner of the globe.

Please keep talking and sharing - "Like" us on Facebook! That's today's version of "and she told two friends, and she told two friends, and so on..."

Now, here's what you can do next. The loudest voice to the local authorities is that of the local business community. A meeting has been arranged by APSA - the Riviera Maya Association of Dive and Water Sport Operators - for next Tuesday at City Hall. The meeting is for dive shop owners. APSA will be visiting local businesses beforehand, but it's pretty short lead time.

So, what can you do? Well, if you have a favorite dive op here in the Riviera Maya, send them the message that you, who's dollars are spent every year here, think that something needs to be done. Point them to APSA and to the Blueheart website.

That's my rambling for Saturday - keep up the good fight!

Here's the resources again:

Facebook - Blue Heart Society | Facebook
Website - www.blueheartsociety.org
Petition - Riviera Maya - Help Save our Marine Ecosystem Petition

Our selfish interests in sharks goes much further than diving with them. We cannot survive as a specie without sharks. They keep the oceans in balance as much as possible in spite of our pollution and over fishing. If the oceans die, the world dies.

Our selfish interests in sharks goes much further than diving with them. We cannot survive as a specie without sharks. They keep the oceans in balance as much as possible in spite of our pollution and over fishing. If the oceans die, the world dies.

Very good point Don. As much as I would like to keep the ecosystems healthy, it is somewhat selfish to want something there for our pleasure. We need to remember what an ecosystem is. It is the balance of nature. Sharks or any other animal aren't there for our pleasure, although we may enjoy them. They are a part of a large system that is greatly disturbed if one piece of the puzzle is taken out of it.

So I guess putting bait on hooks is for not real fishermen?
I don't understand the intent of that...?

Fishing by bait & spear has been part of mankind's survival mode since well before civilization, but the extremes of recent years have wiped out populations, even species.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom