Peak Performance Buoyancy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divin'Hoosier:
For others considering this class, learn from my mistake and make sure to interview the instructor and have them explain to you what you will learn, what exercises/drills you'll do and what their role will be. If you don't like the answer, keep looking.

Good advice that should be applied to every class. The PPB class is a great one if you get the right instructor. Even though it should be taught as part of the OW course, IMHO. But that is another thread. :)

I'll be taking mine in June for the Padi special of the month. I'm not interested in earning ranks as my goal is become a real diver, not someone who uses his or her inflator to go up and down. Anyways, good job on the buoyancy peak performance. :)

Perhaps you could post his name so others in your area can take advantage of what should be a compulsory course from a great instructor.

Its amazing how much weight you can drop as you get more experience. I personally took PPB as part of my AOW last week and dropped 6 lbs in the pool and then 16 lbs in the open water.

Hey, my instructor (course director) actually wrote Peak Performance Buoyancy for PADI, he use to have it as a specialized class, talk about learning buoyancy from the master. His knee hurt a few weeks back and he had to go out with us on some training dives and he wore one fin so he wouldn't aggrivate his knee, you could not even slightly tell the difference in his control, I have watched him go upside down and backwards through PVC diamonds that were progressively smaller, he made it look like that is the way you are suppose to swim when you are diving...

Anyway, just thought I'd share.

Whoa, that's awesome CJ!

Dennis, I will speak with my instructor but just as a courtesy, I'd like to get permission before posting his name on a public forum. :)

Hey, speaking of Peak Performance Buoyancy, I went out with my course director today while he did some check out dives for an open water student, JUST by watching him, and paying attention to his profile and his buoyancy, I actually had a ZEN dive... another perfect, zen dive...

Back
Top Bottom