Pearl Lake (S. Beloit,IL) - new owners

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very nice today. They have food trucks on the weekend. Mexican and something else today. I had a steak taco and Mexican street corn. Yummy!

Sign in was easy. Sign a waiver, show your cert card, pay, and you’re done. They do take credit cards. You’re not assigned to a dive site. No handouts to put on your dash, even with the original owners. That did have the emergency plan, which was good to have.

Buddy and I were the only divers. Probably no classes due to holiday weekend. Plus heavy rain and storms earlier probably kept divers away. There were a fair number of people on the beach. I think word may not have gotten around yet about random divers allowed now. Will be back next weekend with another buddy.

Dan isn't necessarily required as long as you have health insurance.

Just found that out about a week ago. Took a friend calling to clarify.

Just found that out about a week ago. Took a friend calling to clarify.
I called a few times yesterday and it went to voicemail to find out after reading your post. I never left a VM but did fill out the online form. Surprisingly I got a call back this morning and they were able to clarify that they are just looking for health insurance. My daughter got certified there two weeks ago so we are going back this weekend to get her first recreational dive in with a place that she is familiar with.

I called a few times yesterday and it went to voicemail to find out after reading your post. I never left a VM but did fill out the online form. Surprisingly I got a call back this morning and they were able to clarify that they are just looking for health insurance. My daughter got certified there two weeks ago so we are going back this weekend to get her first recreational dive in with a place that she is familiar with.
I‘ll be there Saturday with two WI buddies. Look for the rebreathers…

Two more weekends to dive Pearl

What kind of diver facilities (if any) do they have? Any rentals/fills onsite?

Nothing. No fills, no rentals. They have nice pavilions with lots of picnic tables and clean porta potties. Multiple entry points.

Dove here yesterday. Definitely one of the better quarry (sand pit?) dives I've done. Nice having 20-30ft of viz above the thermocline where all the interesting stuff is.

This was the viz last weekend. I’d say 25ish.

IMG_3584.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom