Pearl Lake (S. Beloit,IL) - new owners

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dove here yesterday. Visibility not great, but not too bad. My GF got OW certified this weekend, and then we went on a dive together afterwards.

On the bank there were a lot of trees cut down. GF's instructor said it used to be completely shaded. Mentioned they were putting in more campsites on the west side, but motioned to up the little berm from the pavilion we were at (by the steam shovel). But I figure if they are cutting down the trees all along the west bank, they intend to put campsites in...

Hopefully it remains available to scuba divers. Campsites probably pay more than scuba divers.

I live in Madison, so unlike the OP Wazee Lake is only 2 hours away, and Devil's Lake about 1 hour away. But this is still a great option. We went here because the dive shop said the visibility was better than Devil's Lake (where they do the majority of their OW certification dives).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom