Pee Valve AND Convenience Zip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Litefoot

Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been hashed out. Does it make sense to have both? Are there times when you don’t use the pee valve and just depend on the convenience zip if the need arises? I am of the age where I need every advantage I can get, but I worry that the convenience zip is just another source of water ingress.

Edit: Corrected the thread title. I really botched that one. My eyes are not what they used to be.

Had a suit with both. The convenience zip isn't of much value, particularly if you are wearing integrated dry gloves, or forget to zip it up. To keep long stories short, go without the convenience zipper, and always use the p-valve. You will be much happier.

If you have a pvalve, why would you be in the suit without it?

When you don the DS, are there never circumstances in which there is no privacy to connect a p-valve? Or short dives when it’s not worth the trouble? Just wondering if having both options has proven useful.

When you don the DS, are there never circumstances in which there is no privacy connect a p-valve? Or short dives when it’s not worth the trouble? Just wondering if having both options has proven useful.
Not that I have ever encountered. I don't really need any privacy to plug a hose into a fitting.

When you don the DS, are there never circumstances in which there is no privacy connect a p-valve? Or short dives when it’s not worth the trouble? Just wondering if having both options has proven useful.
Having the same sized bladder as a dachshund, there is no such thing as short dives where its not worth the trouble! (for me that is)

Convenience, of course. :)

But seriously @Litefoot, it's just a failure point. If you have a p-valve, there are plenty of better things to throw your money away on. Split fins and a jacket BCD come to mind...

I put the cath on at home with a quick connect, after I have the suit 1/2 way on I just reach in and connect it.

i have never used a relief zip, I can’t even picture how it would work trying to get clear of the undies with cuff rings in the way. if you don’t want to hook up than you just undo the top half of the suit.

A QD is nice, but I have a suit where I haven't installed one yet. When I wear that suit, I just angle my leg over the bowl or wander towards the tree line.

Privacy? What? We're divers. Who cares.

Nothing to see here (don't take that literally). Move right along. Haha. :)

- brett

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom