Peeing can kill you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:rofl3:

As far as I've heard the only way wetsuit divers and pee can be lethal is if asparagus is involved. Apparently, put those three things together in combination and it has a very high probability of severe trauma.

Strangely enough, not a single death among solo divers has been attributed to the wetsuit-pee-asparagus complex. While they certainly suffer certain adverse effects, those consequences seem always to fall short of mortal injuries.

Now I know why I like shore dives!!! I am hugging the bottom all the time. LOL

OK, this is a new one for me; maybe it's been on the 'Board but I haven't seen it.

Logged onto the 'net today, and one of the articles posted on the MSN Homepage was something about " 50 ways men can beat the reaper", or like that. Here's a link:
50 Ways to Beat the Reaper - Page 1 - MSN Health & Fitness - Health Topics

So I'm perusing the article, figuring I like the idea of being around to dive a good long time, and item #21 tells me not to pee in the ocean, since bodily fluids attract sharks. Now we've all read countless threads concerning the pleasures and even possible benefits of peeing in your wetsuit, but this one is new to me. Does this mean that every time I pee during a dive and live to tell about it, I've cheated death?? And since this point was made in a "Men's Health" article, does it mean that it's OK for women to pee in the vicinity of a shark?

Somebody at MSN had a lot time on their hands to research this, does it apply to divers?? History says no-

You know the old saying... You do it, or you lie about it.:D:wink:

Bodily functions aside...

Exactly how many scientists did it take to figure this one out?

"19. Dive with a Partner

This cuts the chance of a shark attack by 50 percent, say Australian scientists."

as in... multiple scientists??!??

I'd put money on only ONE mathematician being able to come up with this stroke of genius!:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Scott

You know the old saying... You do it, or you lie about it.:D:wink:

Bodily functions aside...

Exactly how many scientists did it take to figure this one out?

"19. Dive with a Partner

This cuts the chance of a shark attack by 50 percent, say Australian scientists."

as in... multiple scientists??!??

I'd put money on only ONE mathematician being able to come up with this stroke of genius!:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Scott
It's the same principle as avoiding bear attacks in the woods. You don't have to run faster than the bear, just faster than the slowest person with you.

50% survival rate, Swim buddy, swim. LOL
Know we know why PADI and others encourage
the buddy system. LOL

Better yet increase the odds by stabbing your buddy before you take off! Isn't this what dive knives are for?

Better yet increase the odds by stabbing your buddy before you take off! Isn't this what dive knives are for?

That's what my instructor taught me in OW. Carry a knife in case of a shark attack, don't fight the shark, stab your buddy and swim. My dad was taking the course with me at the time, now he won't dive with me in saltwater :D

Sounds like one for MYTHBUSTERS!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom