Pensacola Area Shore Diving Feb 27, 28, and 1st?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

True, but what's a broke college student to do?

Hopefully, I'll be able to budget in a quick trip to Marianna at the end of March

When I was in school at Ga Tech, I made friends with guys who liked to go to the beach. Since PC was the closest, we would all go down, they'd play volleyball while I dove at St. Andrews. I'm sure there's at least a few folks in Tuscaloosa who head to the beach from time to time...... :D

I'd go, but I've got to go to Tallahassee to pick up my new extravagant dive toy :D

I'll be at Vortex Sat AM, if anyone heads up there...

I hope you plan on diving if you're going all the way to Tally anyway. There's only 400+ sinkholes and several dozen springs in that area... and you pass about 200 other springs and who knows how many sinkholes just getting there.

I wish I could go explore, but I've got to be back at work at 10am Sunday...

I think the only thing I'll have time for is a quick dive or two at Vortex Sat AM...one of these days (soon hopefully), I need to go exploring :)

Vortex dives take shorter amounts of time than elsewhere when elsewhere is your destination? :)

That, and I have no idea where all the cool springs are in Tallahassee...I suppose I could just go cruising for bright blue holes in the ground, though... :)

I've got a friend whose kid is getting OW certified at Vortex...I wasn't even planning to make a dive trip of this, but I couldn't resist getting wet somewhere.

*shrugs*

The internet is at your fingertips, just figured it was a perfect opportunity to dive some different environments and gain some real experience rather than playing in the same holes... and constantly tagging on extra gear before due experience has been met.

I *do* want to go dive some different holes, but this probably isn't the trip to do it...I've got between 3am Sat and 9am Sun to make the 6 hour drive from T-town to Tallahassee and back, before work at 10am Sun. Not really a "fun" trip, per say, and the only reason I'm stopping at Vortex on the way down is to say hello to some friends; otherwise, I'd probably just skip diving all together because I'm afraid I'll be so rushed.

When I have an actual free weekend, and if you don't mind putting up with my inexperience, I'd love to hit some sites I've never dove before :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom