People who live in NYC. Where do you store your tanks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PeskyMonkey

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi guys!

Me and my wife live in a pretty small 1 BR apartment in NYC (Bronx). We are looking to buy 2 sets of steel HP100 twinsets and also 2 AL40 deco bottles in the near future. Getting the tanks up to our apartment and back looks to be a nightmare. How do you guys handle this?

Thanks!

Pretty much anyplace you can find room. Under a bed, behind a couch. Due to mass it will be on the ground. If you have a car, leave them in the trunk has been an option as well.

At least in my local area, there are shops that will let you leave your tanks there, in exchange they get to use them when you don't need them, some will even give you fills or vip them for you. This would probably be the best option for you.

I don’t live in NYC, but I do live in a pretty small place with a lot of tanks. Thankfully, I’m ground floor. My most used tanks stay in my SUV. The only tanks I won’t leave in the car all the time are my CCR O2 bottles.

My living room looks like a dive shop. I live alone, so no one else is bothered by it. Tanks go wherever there is room for them.

I use one of those folding canvas carts (a heavy duty one) to move gear in and out.

Hi guys!

Me and my wife live in a pretty small 1 BR apartment in NYC (Bronx). We are looking to buy 2 sets of steel HP100 twinsets and also 2 AL40 deco bottles in the near future. Getting the tanks up to our apartment and back looks to be a nightmare. How do you guys handle this?

Thanks!
Easy. Move to NJ or Westchester…🙄

Uncle Bob's?

Rent a small storage unit? I am moving to a small apartment, with stairs, so I have a 5x4 storage unit for dive gear. Gives me somewhere to dry things as well.

I was lucky that my last NYC building had rental storage cages at a somewhat reasonable rate. (Something like $50 monthly.) It was exclusively filled up by my ski & dive gear.

I would recommend a small storage rack wherever you end up storing your gear, so you can maximize vertical space utility. I used one of these from Ikea (tanks would go on the floor beneath the bottom shelf, the shelves themselves housed remaining gear.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom