permission

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

evilbacon

Registered
Reaction score
Well, To begin with I want to put something in the water that I can come back to year after year. My dad died on May 26th 2000, we creamated him and threw his ashes into the ocean like he wanted. I was 12 then and Now im 18 and just recently certified, and I want to make him a grave stone and put it at the bottom of the ocean where i can come back to it whenever I want. So Im asking permission from all the divers that dive in Laguna beach if I could do this. I would be very greatful and my family would aswell. Please post your reply and say a prayer on the 26th.

Thanks.

Evil :bgmad:

No one is going to tell you that you can't do that.
I would reccoment something like a bronze plaque that you could marine epoxy to a larger rock. Much safer than trying to haul a heavy rock through the surf.

You have my support and I'm sure that wouldn't be a problem for the local divers that I know. I'm also assuming there's no law against it. Last year, we lost my mom and spread her ashes at one of my favorite dives spots locally. I've also seen memorial plaques underwater in various locations as well. Just be conscious about doing it in a good way, with negligible impact to the environment.
Kevin

The "Underwater Island" site at Anacapa comes to mind.

There is a black marble plaque there that we see every time we dive there. Someone hauled it out there with a lift bag I'm sure. About every other dive its all cleaned off. I'm sure the local divers give it a scrub every now and again. Its a sweet reminder of the love someone had for the area.

---
Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom