Personally I like Under Water Sports, Seattle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mjh

Contributor
Reaction score
Since Underwater Sports, Seattle was named in a previous thread in the negative over a sticker, for balance I felt justified to post a few of my experiences with them. Frankly I know none of them by name with the exception of Ken. Also lets be blunt and state they are not Tec/DIR orientated if thats what you crave there are other excellent shops that cater to these groups.

1. When I had a problem with a hose-less AI computer (would lose signal when I got into photography with strobes) bought in another state, that I had owned for over a year, UWS went to bat for me with the manufacturer and got me a new hose air integrated computer, no cost.
2. I volunteer at the Aquarium and can get a substantial discount on a drysuit thru UWS/MFG. One restriction being you have to be with the Aquarium over 1yr. I had not but UWS gave me a radical discount on the drysuit regardless.
3. Can't count the times I have brought misc gear I have bought from them or other vendors and they have fixed at no cost.
4. Just this week I got a call from UWS telling me there was a recall on a new reg we had bought for my wife.

As others have said, go where you are comfortable and I can say over the years I have been quite happy with UWS service & support and have no problem recommending them to any diver.

Underwater Sports in Tacoma have also been exceptional to my wife and I. We just moved to the area a few months ago, but they have done an exceptional job of making us feel like longtime customers. We dive alot more now that we are here, and visit the shop weekly, and everyone there treats us like we are the most important customers they know. All good here!

All UWS are not created equal ... I've had great experiences at the Lakewood (Tacoma), Federal Way, and Edmonds stores. There's one UWS shop I won't bother with ... and the rest are places I'll happily go to if there's something I need and I happen to be in their area.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Kudos to Edmonds UWS for their years of supporting the Edmonds Underwater Park. They have supplied free air fills, storage for some unsightly material and numerous prizes for the fund raisers at the park over the years. The help they supply weekly, to the divers that work at the Park make it possible for all us to enjoy such a great playground!

I always get short fills at the Edmonds UWS... even if I leave the tanks while I go to the park and dive. Though I haven't had them filled there for almost a year probably, since I don't like short fills I haven't given them a chance.
gomi_

I always get short fills at the Edmonds UWS... even if I leave the tanks while I go to the park and dive. Though I haven't had them filled there for almost a year probably, since I don't like short fills I haven't given them a chance.
gomi_

I understand the frustration of a "short" fill. How disappointing it is to get to a dive site only to find out the tank is not completely full. That is why I always check my tanks before leaving any dive shop. That way if, the tanks are low we can top them off and avoid any unpleasant surprises.

Kudos to Edmonds UWS for their years of supporting the Edmonds Underwater Park. They have supplied free air fills, storage for some unsightly material and numerous prizes for the fund raisers at the park over the years. The help they supply weekly, to the divers that work at the Park make it possible for all us to enjoy such a great playground!

Ahhhh, there's one more thing the Edmonds UWS does for the park - they are the only source for the park maps. UWS doesn't make a profit on the laminated maps, they sell them purely as a fund-raiser for the Underwater Park. Stop by and compliment them on their long-lasting support the next time you are at the park.

gomi_

Gomi, sorry you had a short fill at Edmonds, give them another try. I have always had great service from them.
I always take the time to check my fills before leaving a diveshop or getting on a boat, then I know what I have before I get to the dive site. It's a practice that has served me well over the years. I had a diver on my boat a few years ago who made the mistake of bringing one full and one empty tank. He left his other full tank in his trunk. Oh well, we enjoyed having a live boat for our second dive so it all worked out,,,,,,and he now he never forgets to check his fill.

I also am very pleased with the Effort that UWS puts into the park. I lived in edmonds While I attended DIT in Ballard. Great group of people. Kudos

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom