Pete's Tide

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I re-read my post and boy - you should never been on scuba board at one o'clock in the morning! The VIS was 15ft - the SHARK was 5FT. Sorry. And BTW in 15ft of vis everything is going to be called a bull.

We were behind the H20 Below coming back in through the pass yesterday afternoon. I was wondering if you were aboard? Hope the viz was better on the Oriskany then on the Tex Edwards??

I re-read my post and boy - you should never been on scuba board at one o'clock in the morning! The VIS was 15ft - the SHARK was 5FT. Sorry. And BTW in 15ft of vis everything is going to be called a bull.

Thanks for the report

15'? Its either not a Bull Shark or whoever spotted it exagerates :) Female Bulls(bigger than males) get a max length of 11.5' according to most descriptions. There is a refference or two stating a 13' max.

Hence the "Bull" part of the sighting.

I lost a mask on Pete's Tide II yesterday (5/2/09). Its a black Oceanic ION. If anyone happens to find it, I'd be more than happy to pay shipping back to New Orleans + a small reward!

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom