Phil Foster/Blue Heron Bridge Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
For those of you who dive here regularly, which tide table do you use that have the closest times? The Port of Palm Beach, or North Palm Beach tables, or a combination of the two?

Marc

I use the Lake Worth, Port of Palm Beach tables.

Have you dived the site before? The tidal schedule works out well for morning dives there the next couple of months on the weekends.

HI, anybody planning a dive on blue heron in the upcoming weekends?? let me know I have never done it before but would like to..:wink: Saturday works better for me but sunday will too probably

bye
ivan

Wendy once bubbled...
I use the Lake Worth, Port of Palm Beach tables.

Have you dived the site before? The tidal schedule works out well for morning dives there the next couple of months on the weekends.

Thanks.

I've been there twice before, but always with other folks in the know who have said be there ready to go into the water at such-and-such a time. I want to head up there on my own sometime soon. I need to get an equipment check dive in before the end of May, but don't have time for a charter trip and don't want to do the dreaded beach again. :wink:

I have another post in Basic Scuba asking how to read the tables and exactly when slack tide occurred.

Ivansie - I'll be sure to post if I do make it up there in the next few weeks.

Marc

Marc, OK keep me posted on the bridge.

Slack tide should be probably 20-30 minutes before high tide. That is the best of my knowledge.

bye
ivan

I'd love to have the chance to join a dive there as well, if any definite plans come about. I live here, and have never had the chance to do this dive! It's one of those things that's best to have a diver who's done it before along--seems like we're all Blue Heron "virgins"!
What do the tides look like for the weekend of the 10th/11th? (Or, where do I go to find them?)

well, hopefully we can put a group together and go do that dive... keep me posted

bye
Ivan

You want to plan to enter the water about 25 mins before high tide and exit the water a half hour afterwards.

Here is a friend of mine's website that has very good instructions on the dive there:

http://www.wadespage.com/D800DS06RF01.shtml

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom