Philippines shots!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you!!!!!

I did get a hickey, though I must admit, I was asking for it...

Unlike the owner of our dive shop... this was hilarious.

Owner of dive shop is avid photographer who was perfecting his skill with a huge video setup whose price I don't want to estimate...

He sets up on a bubble shrimp, getting closer and closer. He's locked in not paying any attention to anything but the shrimp... when suddenly...

Mama clownfish sees him as an imminent threat to her offspring, bites him on the hand, startles him, sand goes everywhere, shrimp is gone, and our DM and one buddy floods their masks while another loses her regulator crying with laughter. Heh heh heh.

Nice pics - thanks for posting.
:)

Ishie:
I'm still uploading these to my gallery, but I got some shots I'm pleased with.

My cord to my manual controller kinked, thus I was shooting with no strobe the majority of the time. I'm really pleased with the internal flash on my Oly, though this meant a lot of the WA stuff wasn't happening due to the backscatter. The owner of my LDS is hooking me up with a sync cord to hardwire my camera since he said I shouldn't have been using a manual controller with my setup anyway since I have the capability to hardwire it, and on the day I could borrow a sync cord, I was pleased with the results.

Hopefully soon I'll have some awesome photos. The same guy is going over a lot with me involving strobe to subject distance and calculating f stops, but in the meantime, I'm actually pleased with a lot of these:

amazing shots ishie! cant wait to go to apo island ! by the way those pics are really great love the moray and shrimp, also like the blue ribboned eel(havent had luck shooting those) as well as the cuttlefish.

Wow Ishie......Great shots! :thumb: I love the dramatic lighting on some of those macros, very nice! You've got some great keepers in there.

Eagerly awaiting the rest, especially those turtles! :D

Thank you all very much!!

Spoon, Apo is so cool, and the people are WONDERFUL. We trekked up to the lighthouse and saw this cute little boy banging two leaves together, imitating a couple of guys that were de-barking firewood. He saw us looking at a banana tree, pointed off into the woods, said either vaca or baca, very insistently. Then grabbed a stick and pointed proudly, repeating it, then led us into the jungle where he proudly showed us... the family cow! Can't believe how many really nice, friendly people there are there! Felt safer there than I do at home.

The blue ribbon eel was a bit hard. They're skittish and kept ducking into their hole! I saw two and had to stalk them.

Unfortunately the WA's didn't come out too well. Got my divemaster with a black wall of jacks behind him, but due to no strobe, too dark, not good quality... not that I'm complaining!

Great set of images.

I love PI, its one of the best and most underrated dive locations out there...

Back
Top Bottom