Philippines trip advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1: Anilao, PG, Leyte

What is the most friendly during end of December/January ? Thanks !

Me I would go for #1 but perhaps Leyte first then PG Anilao. Of course 25th December to new years busy and if not party animals I would be in Leyte and avoiding travel during that time. Just my humble opinion.

Having done some intensive travelling mainly for work over the past 25 years I have become to really detest airports and generally once I go to a country to dive, I really don't want to get on a plane again.

That said, if I could fly to Clarke and do some diving at Subic I would consider trying to find a direct flight to Negros Oriental for further diving. When I was there with my daughter in 2019 we were staying at a dive centre on the beach at Zanboanguita directly opposite Apo Island. Great shore diving and macro on black sands (Acqua Divers).

Having done some intensive travelling mainly for work over the past 25 years I have become to really detest airports and generally once I go to a country to dive, I really don't want to get on a plane again.

That said, if I could fly to Clarke and do some diving at Subic I would consider trying to find a direct flight to Negros Oriental for further diving. When I was there with my daughter in 2019 we were staying at a dive centre on the beach at Zanboanguita directly opposite Apo Island. Great shore diving and macro on black sands (Acqua Divers).

For a few years I would work and stay at the old US communications center at Clark. It was used by Dream TV & Ben Sports for their downlink and uplinking operations. I would then drive through to Subic and do some diving there. Visibility wasn't the best but diving was decent. Have not been back there for such a long time perhaps I should do another dive trip there. But as you say which I agree with I don't like to travel to different dive areas on a trip. At least a week at one place if I do different locations.

For a few years I would work and stay at the old US communications center at Clark. It was used by Dream TV & Ben Sports for their downlink and uplinking operations. I would then drive through to Subic and do some diving there. Visibility wasn't the best but diving was decent. Have not been back there for such a long time perhaps I should do another dive trip there. But as you say which I agree with I don't like to travel to different dive areas on a trip. At least a week at one place if I do different locations.
I am the same way. For the most part I like to stay in the same place. I stayed 3 weeks in Panglao last month, which turned out to be a bit too long. Folks suggested next time I fly into there and use it as a base and take the ferry to nearby islands. That is my plan for next trip. I am going to stay a week at Alona Beach and then take the ferry to siguijor for a week.

Future plans include dumaguete, Anda, and possibly Cebu, although I may fly direct into Cebu.

Bohol is not crowded lately. The majority of tourists have not come back yet. I was there Sept/oct for 3 weeks and there were plenty of places to stay and plenty of spots on boats.
I was just that I last week and thought it was pretty crowded. Only did six dives but EVERy dive site had dozens of divers on it.
I know it's low season but was pretty crowded.

I was just that I last week and thought it was pretty crowded. Only did six dives but EVERy dive site had dozens of divers on it.
I know it's low season but was pretty crowded.

Bohol is a large island, which dive sites ( Names ) were you diving?

Back
Top Bottom