Philippines?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hut

New
Reaction score
Hello, I am travelling on my own in s.e.asia over the summer and have 7 weeks to spare from mid july to september. I will be flying from bangkok and thought I would go to the philippines. I'm a keen diver and would possibly like to do my dive masters. But I also want to be somewhere with a nice relaxed attitude, be able to hire a moped and keep myself occupied exploring and trekking jungles & volcanes. Only problem is a very limited budget as a student backpacker.

Would the philippines be the best option? If so where abouts? Can you recomend a small friendly dive shop with some brits who may be able to do a good deal on accomadation and a DM? Or a few places where I could visit seeing the main terrestrial and marine sites without spending lots?

thanks!

Philippines is an excellent option. VERY cheap and the diving is great. No problem renting out scooters - a common form of transportation. I've done it a couple of times. Right now I'm thinking Puerto Galera since it's a diver's paradise, you can trek in the jungle, and Taal Volcano is across the channel.

I reco you post this question in the Philippine Paradise Divers Forum. You will get excellent info on the PI in there:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=347

Hope that helps!

get in touch with the british embassy, the guys at the embassy stationed here in the philippines are into diving. well some of them.

but a lot of those folks went touring trekking etc...

for trekking ask about Mt. makulot , Cuenca Batangas, just 45 mins away , ok 1hr from batangas diving spots.

I would recommend the Philippines.

I agree that PG is probably the place for you....
Several operators are not full this time of year (we were there last week). If you want personalized attention by one of the best instructors there just drop me a note and I can recommend a couple of great places. Diving the Philippines is a great choice.

Welcome to ppd Hut

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom