Phillipines in Aug/Sept (Donsol?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jen,
I recommend weekend only during low season. because there are few people comes during this time, so the possibility to share with other is less. But during peak season it is advise to come weekdays, especially Feb-April.
Sightings this time is not guarantee... but the presence of whale sharks, they are still there... according to the fishermens of Donsol they usually saw them around....

rodel

Rodel- just curious as to why you recommend weekend for Donsol? I heard somewhere to avoid weekends as there are more people. Do the boats go everyday? Are the sightings daily too?

Thanks!
Jen

jen - if you come during weekdays on off season, the possibility to share with the boat is less. there are very few or should I say very rare are coming. That's why I suggest to come during weekdays on off season (June-November) but not on high season (Feb-April).:no:

This is just slanderous!

In 7 years in the Philippines I have lost maybe 2 days diving due to Typhoons. Rainy season here is not like rainy season in some other parts of Asia.

I'm in the Visayas, it has rained a few times in the last month, and I mean a few. And only in the late afternoon or evening, for an hour or 2 at most.

The rest of the time it's been scorching hot sunshine, 35c in the air and 30c in the water...oh and good viz to look at the sharks and mantas.

Those weather websites predict rain everyday of the year. I know as I used to look at it everyday thinking it would help out.

If you like diving in the Philippines it's good everyday of the year, and you can quite possibly find weeks in August when you dont see the rain at all.

Sorry to rant...

Matt is spot on....
Our worst typhoon came in June (Frank). Even with all of that destruction we were in the water 2 days later.....Who worries about rain anyway....I don't get that :confused:

Thank you for your assurance that there will be no flight delays or cancellations going in and out of Manila, no flooded streets going to and from the airports during the rainy season. Also for your guarantee that there will be zero run off of mud and silt during the rainy season so 100ft visibility is assured all the time. This guarantee will save me a bunch on travel insurance.

And may I suggest that the live aboard dive boats operate year around to the Sulu Sea, instead of closing shop around June to Dec. because of the non-issue typhoons and rain.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100723/wl_asia_afp/philippinestyphoon

Regards

Last edited:
One in every crowd.....

Back
Top Bottom