Photos from Cozumel Weekend Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great Shots I leave for Cozumel 2 weeks from today. Thanks for the preview.

Bethjd, I'm envious!

We will be going back ASAP! We always have fun in Mexico and Cozumel especially!

Wow, those are awesome shots. Great work.

I'm curious, with the DSLR if you have on a 100mm or 60mm, can you only shoot very close up macros?
Just wondering if before a dive you have to make up your mind if you are going to shoot very close macros or wide angles?

Marc,

You can shoot more than just very close up with the 60mm. I shot all the crabs, lobster, and other closeups with the 60mm. But you do have to make a decision on what you are going to shoot.. Seascapes or closeup. I use the 12-24mm if I want to kind of do seascapes but have the ability to get some reasonably close fish pictures. The 10.5mm works good for fish pictures but you have to be VERY close otherwise they are pretty small :D

My next thing is to get a 100mm (or thereabouts since I haven't decided for sure which one) lense to get some really close up super macro shots.. I have a flip down closeup on my Subal I use with the 60mm sometimes, but the focus range is very small when I use that.

Thanks for the comments!

Sorry to hear about your camera problems RJsimp.....

But wow i'm blown away by those shots, love the blues..... they feel very atmospheric and moody.
Great lighting also, there's a peculiar look to your photos.... they seem a little 'cool'... not that that's bad :).

Those shots remind me of the wall reefs on the north coast here.

Love them all :D :).
You should take more weekend trips :wink:.

REII:
Nice! Now if they would just migrate to Florida.

TOM

Well.. Floriday people hunt all their cool things out! :confused:

Its kind of odd that is allowed, but that's why there isn't much there like that. :wink:

Marc,

Those two were taken with the 12-24mm lense on my last dive Sunday. It wasn't the best dive (Paradise Reef) but it was fun.. The problem is, a lot of current but not much coral to get behind so I had to work on many shots to stay in position. But, I did get several critters on the dive. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom