Photos from Cozumel Weekend Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jamdiver:
Sorry to hear about your camera problems RJsimp.....

But wow i'm blown away by those shots, love the blues..... they feel very atmospheric and moody.
Great lighting also, there's a peculiar look to your photos.... they seem a little 'cool'... not that that's bad :).

Those shots remind me of the wall reefs on the north coast here.

Love them all :D :).
You should take more weekend trips :wink:.

Thanks Jam!

I am not a big fan of the "cyan - light blues" so I try to get settings that show depth and shadows along with a nice deep blue. This last trip was a quick one and many times I was spending more time on the dive trying to get rid of the ERR off the camera so the aperture would work again. Plus I was with a big group and in a drift dive you have to kind of keep up with them so I didn't have time to play with some of the shots like I would have liked.

Some of these shots were taken on the wall on Cozumel and others were taken in the flats. So the ones on the wall you get some really nice coral heads. They used to look even better before the hurricane.

Next trip I will probably just charter the boat with Alison so I can spend as much time as I want and find that nice shot and work out the settings a little better. I was happy just to get some shots in the short time I had.. :)

Thanks again!

alcina:
Looks like a great trip.

Sorry to hear about the camera - hope it gets resolved quickly!

It was a very fun weekend!

Thanks, I'm sending it out today to Nikon and hopefully they will resolve it or replace it. Since it is sporadic, it is hard to reproduce. :(

Nice work. I have not heard about the D200 error that you mentioned. Have you determined what the root cause of the problem?

kidsdream:
Nice work. I have not heard about the D200 error that you mentioned. Have you determined what the root cause of the problem?

Yea, the root cause is the camera is malfunctioning and it tells you so by giving you an error.. Nikon will be either fixing the aperture actuator/computer or replacing it. Since it has gotten worse, I can only figure that it is something mechanical vs a firmware error.

I'll let you know what Nikon does.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom