PhotoSpirit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bfisher

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I'm in the market for a camcorder, but proceeding cautiously. Anybody ever done business with PhotoSpirit in Philadelphia? They have a good price on what I'm looking for and it's within driving distance. My plan is to try the camcorder in my new housing, get a hands on, and personal contact with the seller.

From anybody's experience what can I expect?

Barry

I'm in the market for a camcorder, but proceeding cautiously. Anybody ever done business with PhotoSpirit in Philadelphia? They have a good price on what I'm looking for and it's within driving distance. My plan is to try the camcorder in my new housing, get a hands on, and personal contact with the seller.

From anybody's experience what can I expect?

Barry

I have never heard of them, but if you can actually go there, hold the stuff in your hands and check it out, then thats a big plus right there. Some places only honor their advertised prices when you buy online, so you will want to check that out before driving out there. Have you called them yet?

Also, if you haven't already, you might try posting this on some of the video forums as well.

My guess is that you know more about your housing than they will - if they've ever even seen an u/w video housing. I've read that even at superstores like B&H in NY, there's only a couple of people who deal with u/w photo/video in the showroom.

I can't think of anywhere in Phoenix that I could take my housing and expect someone to be able to show me anything about it. Including most LDS's and every photo store here. And yours is a newer housing so it's likely you have the only one in your area.

How do you like it btw? I handled a Seatools housing once and thought it was a really nice piece of work.

Becky,

Thanks for the advice, but I have made my choice and the deal is struck. I should mention that Fotospirit is located at 134 Bala Ave, Bala Cynwyd Maybe in your travels you might find it some day.

Please be advised that I have made my "buy" with Butterfly Photo. I placed the order on the net friday. I got the usual phone call from "Jake" on Sunday. Gave me the usual question about accessories and extended warranty, etc. Not a hard sell. Very helpful and informative.

I did purcahse an extra 2yr warranty for half their usual price. Also added a pack of 5 miniDV's for $30. No tax and no shipping charges with a free upgrade to 2-3 day delivery with FedEx.

So, $938 for the corder, $79 for the warranty, and $30 for the Dv's for atotal of $1047.

Sunday evening I got an email confirming the order with purchase order #.
Today I got an email saying the items have been shipped and tracking # .

This is not my first order with Butterflyphoto.com and it certainly won't be my last. I might have gotten things cheaper somewhere else, but peace of mind that I get what I order and in some sort of timely fashion counts for a few $$$, too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom