Pick Which One !!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Morg_NZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Suunto Mosquito or Uwatec Pro Ultra...............Look at a new comp and am having a ***** of a time picking one, I keep getting conflicting stories and details from sales persons. One tells me that the suunto can do deco stops and another says it doesn't. Another says that the uwatec is the way to go........................SO WHAT THE HELL IS THE "TRUE" STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eyebrow:

And which one has the better planning software?

As its not my money, and I don't have to use them anyway, buy both.
That way you don't have to strain your power of decision making.

MechDiver:
As its not my money, and I don't have to use them anyway, buy both.
That way you don't have to strain your power of decision making.
ERRRRRRRRRRR how long did it take for you to come up with that highly constructive post?????:D

Seriously...what's your pick and why?{only 1 thought}

The Suunto Mosquito does switch to deco mode, only if you overstay your NDL. Will indicate the ceiling and stop time. It's not meant for decompression diving though. Usually deco dives requires you to change mixtures, can't do that on this computor. For Dive planning on multiple dives, you can't enter the SI you plan to use.

Have very little experience with the Uwatec, but I beleive it does allow SI entry during dive planning. Not sure about the change of mixtures.

If you are not planning deco dives, the Suunto is great. Little bigger than a watch, easy to use.

Aladin.

Reason to get it: Clear display, easy planning, indiot proof

Suunto

Reason NOT to get it: Daft ass 3min 'safety stop' it tacks on to every thing you do which WONT clear no matter how long you spend at 6m you have to get above 4m.

get the aladin

Mike

ShakaZulu:
Usually deco dives requires you to change mixtures, can't do that on this computor.

?!? since when :martian:

You can increase safety by breathing rich mix EANx or excelerate your deco, but you CAN deco on your bottom gas.

Mike

I have the Pro Ultra now for a year and think its a great comp. Big display, all numerical (no little hard to see graphs on the side), full deco features, nitrox capable, and quite rugged. The battery life is no problem. When I received it it had a 96% life and after 40 dives on it's down to 93%. Unless you want to wear the Mosquito as a regular watch also this decision is a no brainer.

I'd tend to go with the Aladin (Uwatec) for the same reasons as the previous commentators. Great features, bombproof function - and most importantly of all - a display that's clear and easy to read under almost all circumstances.

However, if your eyesight is great and you want a computer that you can wear everyday - the Mosquito should serve you equally well. The advantage it offers of a user-replaceable battery could help you too. Though you have to do a lot of diving before you run down the Uwatec power cell.

Wreckie:
Suunto
Reason NOT to get it: Daft ass 3min 'safety stop' it tacks on to every thing you do which WONT clear no matter how long you spend at 6m you have to get above 4m.

Safety stop without a ceiling is just that: a safety stop, a recommendation only. If you want you can violate it and the computer won't lock out.
It's certainly not "daft ass". It is well proven that a diver that completes the safety stop will have less residual N2 than one that didn't. Off gassing will be much faster at 3m than on the boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom