Picked up a new book tonight...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you wouldn't mind....could you expound on some of he story...namely what he could have done to change what happend

WW:
So sorry about the lost of your friend. I have read about Matt.
Tragic indeed.

Big-t-2538 once bubbled...
If you wouldn't mind....could you expound on some of he story...namely what he could have done to change what happend

Sure, its very simple actually. As I understand it he did his first dive successfully then attempted a second dive with partially full tanks (twin 72s I believe). He ran out of gas and drowned. What he could have done is obvious.

WW

Natasha once bubbled...
WW:
So sorry about the lost of your friend. I have read about Matt.
Tragic indeed.

Thanks Natasha. It was a long time ago.

WW

WreckWriter once bubbled...

Sure, its very simple actually. As I understand it he did his first dive successfully then attempted a second dive with partially full tanks (twin 72s I believe). He ran out of gas and drowned. What he could have done is obvious.

WW

Yeah...that's not one of the brightest things I've heard of doing....

Sorry to learn about the loss of your friend....

I recentley read "Down Time" and really liked it. It has articles by cousteau, Benchley, Crighton, many others. very good read.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...f=sr_1_2/102-3597716-9775318?v=glance&s=books

I'm starting to thing that Scuba books are an pretty much untapped market. Luckily the publishing houses cought on with the sucess of "the Last Dive" and new ones seem to be coming out fairly often.

HTH, Rice

Accident Analysis is important to help other divers learn from the mistakes that can happen. It is sad to read, but it could help others.

Eric

Just received the book from Amazon.com and finished it in a night. Not bad, not great. A good "quick" read. If you want to compare it to Deep Descent - it had a lot less ego and testastorne. Ok book overall. Fun read

Eric

ericfine50 once bubbled...
Just received the book from Amazon.com and finished it in a night. Not bad, not great. A good "quick" read. If you want to compare it to Deep Descent - it had a lot less ego and testastorne. Ok book overall. Fun read

Eric
...I just forgot to post when I finished it. Good book, quick read...not as much information about diving in general as Deep Descent, but not bad...shoot, I would read anything about diving anyway.. :D

O-ring once bubbled...
Picked up a new book...

...Barnes and Noble to see if they had any books I hadn't read.
Those looks and he reads too. Wow. R

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom