Picked up a new book tonight...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just finished The Last Dive. Decent read. Author seemed to just around alot so not real smooth. I was very surprised at how many of these guys have died doing things they were so well trained not to do. Some of them are just plain stupid and I guess thats what narcosis is all about. I'm not sure. I have been to 130+ several times and have not noticed any real changes in me or my buddy. We have both payed closed attention to one another to see if we were being affected. Neither of us notice anything.

I have a real interest to start my Cave and Deep training and can't imagine doing something that has been carved into my brain not to do. Those guys doing Doria on air was nuts.......and they knew they should not have done it. You techy's give me your thoughts. Would you do a 240' dive on air into a wreck?

Just started Fatel Depth and ordered Deep Decent.

I have and have read all three.

Chowdhury is a diver who writes.
McMurray is a writer who dives.
Haberstroh is a writer who doesn't dive.

I've found all of them have their own perspective to offer. There is also "Everest at the Bottom of the Sea", Bucky McMahon's July 2000 Esquire article which is reprinted in the second edition of "Down Time".

Has anyone here read Gary Gentile's book on the Andrea Doria?

Back
Top Bottom