Picking a Caribbean Live-Aboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Richard,

Thanks for a great and detailed trip report on the Sun Dancer II. I have been thinking about booking either the Belize Aggressor III or the Sun Dancer II for 2018. I'll most likely book the entire boat and couldn't decide between the two but am now leaning toward the SD. I like the fact the cabins are a little larger and the beds are both on the floor. Now just need to decide the overall best time to go.

I have been on the Aggressor III twice and both times in the March/April time of year. Weather was great and diving was fantastic. The dive deck on the Aggressor is one of nicest I have seen.

T & C Aggressor boat per se was a mixed bag IMO. The general spaces like dive deck, lounge and dining area were more than adequate but (like most Aggressor boats but not the Dancers) the cabins were somewhat cramped.

But the crew of T & C Aggressor were about the best that I have ever been with, perhaps tying for the top spot with those of Rocio del Mar.

A possibly interesting change to the Caribbean liveaboard scene - the Caribbean Pearl (Bay Island Yacht Charters - Caribbean Pearl II) is apparently now officially departing from Roatan instead of Utila. Which makes so much more sense for guests than the inconvenience and silliness of flying to Utila just to get on the boat and head back to Roatan, etc. I'm in the middle of trip planning and not sure where in my surfing I initially saw this, but on their home page it says-

Trips aboard M/V Caribbean Pearl II begin out of Roatan. During the 8 Days / 7 Nights (Saturday to Saturday) cruise, the yacht moves from one excellent dive locale to the next, from Roatan to Cayos Cochinos to Utila. Newly announced for 3rd Quarter of 2015, we are introducing two additional shorter itineraries (5 Days / 4 Nights & 4 Days / 3 Nights) to suit the busy diver and first-time liveaboard diver.

That also opens up a nice way to travel between the islands midweek without trying to figure out the flight situation, flying after diving, or even having to dry your gear. And a shorter length Caribbean liveaboard option for people looking for such a thing. There's a little more info on the itinerary on the Rates page.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom