Picking a diving trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't think you can do Provo (Turks/Caicos) on $1500. Price Diving with Caicos Adventures or any of the other Provo ops - they charge more for the better dives since they're farther away. And there's no shore diving off Provo - reef is just slightly too far out. Provo is about as expensive as Grand Cayman - Grace Bay is one of the nicest beaches in the world and they charge accordingly. For everything.

Maybe Bohio Dive Resort over on Grand Turk since it's an AI. But then you've got the added cost of the flight from Provo. And their AI price is for room/10 dives/airport transfers and breakfast only. And it's about $17-1800 pp.

If you're not set on shore diving, Roatan is very reasonable. Diving is very good to excellent and the West End is very affordable. Flights tend to be a little more - in the $6-700 range but you won't need a car since cabs are cheap and a good idea due to liability. We walked around the West End all week and only needed a cab for trips to other areas - the shark and dolphin dives. Most operators in that area package 10 boat dives for $300 and offer add-on afternoon/night dives. I did about 18? dives there during the week and my total dive bill (not counting $125 for the Dolphin dive) was $440.

There's small 1-2 br. weekly apt rentals with kitchens. Two local food stores and bigger ones a cab ride away. Also street vendors sell fresh fish, produce etc. daily from their trucks. All sorts of lunch options for $5-10 pp. and dinners under $20 typically. Posada Arco Iris or Coconut Tree Cabins rents units starting around $50/nt.
Read diversteve again.... hear him now, and believe him later. West End, Roatan is it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom