Pinnacle Merino Lined Drysuit Hood anyone tried one ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bowtieman427

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi, thinking of getting a Pinnacle 7mm Merino Lined Zippered Drysuit Hood. Marketing states it is super warm with the Wool lining. Most dives a are in cold MN water and last time in Superior my head got pretty cold. NEED WARM HOOD : )
Currently use DUI vented hood with warm neck.
Thanks in advance

I recently purchased the hood you mention. I like it better than my Henderson 7mm Titanim Hyperstretch. In water below 40 the Henderson gives me an ice cream :icecream:headache so I need to wear a beanie under it. I have used the Pinnacle for the past month on about 5 different dive days. It is a very comfortable fit. Very snug but I don't even feel I have it on. I bought it because it is bibless. I have trouble zipping my wetsuit up with all that bib material under the collar. I don't have any trouble zipping and unzipping the hood. I can exit the water and tear it right off no problem instead of pushing it off to the back of my head [with it on I am deaf so when I get on land it comes off]. Because it is bibless there is a water entry point at the neck. I wear a dive skin and I just pull the neck material up around the bottom of the hood and it seems to work. I wore it on a couple dives this past weekend. I was at 85' with 42* water and was warm as toast on my head. I have not worn it below 40* yet so I can't say for sure that it is any better than the Henderson as to the ice cream headache [but I'll bet it is.] I enjoy it and recommend it. Oh - by the way - the merino lining is only over the ears and sides of the face.

I got the 7/3 merino hooded vest and I dive wet. The only thing that gets cold on me are my hands and feet and thats at around 80 feet when the waters around 39-40 . Currently dont have merino in thoes 2 areas but will in the next couple of dives. Looking forward to see if the merino in the gloves and boots helps those to areas stay warmer.

Back
Top Bottom