Pinnacle Merino vs. Henderson H2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

runway1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anybody tried both? I'm looking to replace my Henderson Ti (7/5) and was considering the Pinnacle.

My wants:
I'm reluctant to trade much comfort and I know the Henderson is tops in comfort. I'm willing to trade a liiiitle comfort for warmth and I'm told the Pinnacle may be there with their new merino 8/6.

Opinions? Thanks!

I haven't used both, but I do have a couple of Pinnacles in the house now, and I used to have a Henersdon Gold Core. For everything that I can think of, Pinnacle is a better suit. They fit me better, they are more comfortable, they are warmer than they should be, they are definately more durable.

The merino wool liner truly does make the suit feel warmer, my 3mm Seal is fantastic, perfect fit and I am comfortable in water from 68-82F. All I need to do to adjust is add/remove a hood and change my gloves. that suit is about 4 years old now, has well over 100 dives on it, and it basically looks new.

Their extensive size chart makes getting a good fit easy, no need for a custom suit. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a new suit, if you are looking for a replacement for a 7/5, I would look at 5mm Merino-Elastiprene suit. I am confident that you will find the same warmth and significantly better flexibility from that suit.

I dive in socal so waters are 50°-70° (50° at depth). I need to be warm at 50° on a 3 dive trip. I would think 7mm is a minimum at 50°.

I recently tried my first pinnacle suit, i normally dive with a hyperstretch suit. There are pros and cons to each of the suits but i would go with the pinnacle. The merino lining adds what feels like an additional 2mm in warmth. It requires a lil bit more weight but is definitely worth it. I bought a 5MM suit for a recent liveaboard trip and found that with the merino lining it was way to warm, could have easily gone with the 3mm. The pinnacle suits are not as stretchy as the hypersretch but they stretch enough for easy getting into and out of the suit. As you can tell by reading this you will probably already know that i am going to say go with the pinnacle.

Dip'N Dive - Scuba Diving Training in Buffalo and WNY - Home

Once divers try any Pinnacle wetsuit they never go back to other lesser brands.

Something else to consider is customer service. I've never dealt with Hendersn but will tell you that Pinnacle stands behind their product. EXCELLENT service, and from what I have heard seldom needed. But nice to know if it is, they will take care of you.

my Pinnacle has over 100 dives and still looks brand new...
I went with the 7mm and i stay toasty in the chilly brazil water.
price was not the best but i am sure this suit will last as long as i can stay more or less in the same shape..

Well, doesn't seem to be anything in the minus column with Pinnacle. I guess comfort and don/doff isn't much of an issue.

I think I'll visit my local scuba.com and try on a few. Thanks all.

Back
Top Bottom