Pinnacle Merino vs. Regular Neoprene

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bottemdweller2:
I recently bought the 7/5 mm elite and it is PLENTY warm enough. As for the price look on ebay I found mine new with the tags for $128. Just a thought

Although I do buy in the Internet quite often, I really like my LDS and would like to give them the business.

How much are they asking? I know some of the Pinnacle suits go for only a bit less than what I bought a used DS for. This isn't a knock against Pinnacle (my 3mm is a Pinnacle Breaker, which I very much like), but don't break the bank for a high end wetsuit, when a used DS might only be a bit more $, and a LOT more comfort.

I just got my Pinnacle Extreme but haven't got it wet yet.

Cummje:
Nice suit, but sometimes the arm and leg seals are a pain and I'll wish I had zippers on them. Then again, I stay dry...

Hey for all you people with BIG FREEKIN' feet like me or have trouble with getting your feet in a wet suit. Go buy some nylon (kinda like spandex) SOCKS. They are easy to get on and your suit SLIDES right over them. When I purchased my wetsuit I struggled soo much with my feet that I almost did not get the suit. After getting home and trying it on with my nylon (DeepSea-brand) socks, it just slid on no problem at all.

Just got my 5/4 Merino Pinnacle Fusion (and Pinnacle karbonflex gloves and booties)...didn't cost that much from Leisure Pro.

They fit great! I used all the dimensions as per the fitting chart and it is accurate. I emailed Pinnacle direct for the glove fit as per some measurements I made....a rep emailed me back with the correct fitting. Great service from a awesome company. You can see the quality in their suits

As for warmth, I am looking to use this in Malta and Sharm early next month. From what I have been told, it should be warm enough (even for a wuss like me!)....will post an update

How big are your feet WingNutt? I wear a size 12 boot and fit fairly easily...you must have really huge feet! I will probably try your trick though....the easier the better...

Hey guys, thanks for all the feedback.

After thinking more about this, I think I'm leaning toward the regular (non merino lined) wetsuit. I only get about 5 - 10 dives a year :shakehead so spending $400+ on a wetsuit does not make a whole lot of sense.

This weekend I'm going to go to an LDS that carries Bare to look at the Artic.

I'm sure the merino lined suits are very nice but sense I don't get too much dive time in, its hard to justify.

Mike126:
Hey guys, thanks for all the feedback.

After thinking more about this, I think I'm leaning toward the regular (non merino lined) wetsuit. I only get about 5 - 10 dives a year :shakehead so spending $400+ on a wetsuit does not make a whole lot of sense.

This weekend I'm going to go to an LDS that carries Bare to look at the Artic.

I'm sure the merino lined suits are very nice but sense I don't get too much dive time in, its hard to justify.

400+?? I think you mean the Elastiprene/Merino suits....the combination of both do make things much more expensive...mine was WAYY cheaper. I paid about $240 only. Merino Lined but sadly not super strechy Elastiprene which would have been much more fun to put on or remove.

Having said that, I have not issues donning or doffing really.

I also have the 5 mm hooded merino vest with a 7 mm bare arctic. i've had it down to 49 degrees and never been cold. the only complaint with the merino is that on 2nd and or 3rd dives, it is still wet, (even with 90 degree surface intervals) and sometimes very cold to get back on. but it warms up almost instantly.

ok,ok, i'm new to all this. Will be diving in cold water--probably in the forty degree range. I want the merino elastiprene. the dive shop recommends the farmer jane type. they say core will stay warmer, but if i'm soaked all the time what is the difference. my body temperature has to keep warming up the water inside the suit right? help--sorry if i'm hijacking or asking a question in someone elses thread:)

what about one of the inta dry wet suits; are they any good?

Back
Top Bottom