Pinnacle Merino vs. Regular Neoprene

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eskasi:
400+?? I think you mean the Elastiprene/Merino suits....the combination of both do make things much more expensive...mine was WAYY cheaper. I paid about $240 only. Merino Lined but sadly not super strechy Elastiprene which would have been much more fun to put on or remove.

Having said that, I have not issues donning or doffing really.

My LDS has them at MSRP - $415 for the partially lined 7mm, $435 for the fully lined 7mm. I don't remember what the Elastiprene goes for.

ScubaToys will order what I want for about $90 less for all of them. But that's still $325 or more. I'd like to support the LDS but I do like ScubaToys and have bought stuff from them in the past when I can't get it through my LDS.

[QUOTEHow big are your feet WingNutt? I wear a size 12 boot and fit fairly easily...you must have really huge feet! I will probably try your trick though....the easier the better...][/QUOTE]

I wear a 12-13 depending on the shoe. My dive boots are a 12. Really though, even if you dont have big giant feet, the nylon socks make it SOOOOO easy to get into the wetsuit. Almost like putting on jeans its so easy. I usually put my socks on then the suit then the boots slide right on to and I choose to go with the boot over the suit which helps keep the ankle seal against my skin on the cuff and keeps from stretching out the suit. The boots are zipper boots so it really doesnt matter for them. I was fine in Cali with my 5mm Deep Sea boots but after diving with the Merino suit I want to get some 7mm merino boots (I get cold feet easy).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom