Pinnacle wetsuit question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just bought a Pinnacle 5/4 with the merino...(fuzzy stuff on the inside);p Just used it for the first time about 2 weeks ago, water was about 53F and I was warm and "fuzzy" :wink:
Love Pinnacle!!

I have a 3mil Pin. I really love the freedom of movement. I also like the zipper at the ankles. The neck seal is tight. When I do it up I pull the seal so it is not so tight. I have over 200 dives on it. I now wear a 2.5mil cavity warmer on my second dives when the water is cooler on Coz. Probably could get away without it, but I like it as I stay down longer and dont get cold. The wrist seal threads started to come apart I just sewed them back up, no big deal. I will likely buy again when this one falls apart. Doesn't look like anytime soon though.

All the responses so far have been good with good advice. Here is my take , I got a new Pinnacle Extreme for x-mas 07 - 08 . Dove it thru the ice , not a problem , made another dive in open water , the zipper came out . 2 MONTHS later Pinnacle sent a new Extreme , with a "new " zipper . Suit never left the LDS you could see the zip coming out . 3 more weeks go by and They send me a Kodiak, first dive the teeth of the zip pull off.Now it takes another 3 weeks to get another Kodiak with yet another "new" zipper , I have not had the chance to dive this suit yet because of the ice so only time will tell. None of the zippers were stressed , they were all closed when they failed.

Good Luck

My buddy dove the winter in a Pinnacle and would be quite dry after the dive. Now does Pinnacle make the zippers themselves or are the zippers bought from another company. If zippers are overstressed and pulled over too tight over whatever is underneath, they can seperate and Id expect them too. Wetsuit zippers are only plastic. Iv have yet to have any issue with a wetsuit zipper cheap or expensive.

If I may offer my 2 cents on this topic. I bought a Scuba Pro Thermal Tec 7 ml about 3 years ago. I absolutley love this suit. I often dive in cold { high 40's-high 60's } water and I am quite comfortable in this suit. I dive a DS if its colder then high 40's or if its very cold topside. I have heard very good things about the Scuba Pro Nova Scotia semi-dry, although I have not used one myself. Just my thoughts on this issue, no offence to anyone or any other brand intended.
Tom

Tom

I just bought a Pinnacle 5/4 with the merino...(fuzzy stuff on the inside);p Just used it for the first time about 2 weeks ago, water was about 53F and I was warm and "fuzzy" :wink:
Love Pinnacle!!

I have a 5/4 pinnacle fusion with the merino lining also. Just got it wet for the first time today in fact. Today was an overcast day air temp 68ish, surface was at 51 and bottom temp was around 48 in the quarry. I was running through some unconscious diver drills and assisting with the OW class, so I had a lot of bottom time...2hrs or so.
I was comfortable the whole time...so comfortable im going to do it again tomorrow. lol
My 6mm farmer john may not see the light of day for a while.

I have a Pinnacle Fusion(5/4) which I like, especially after having local shop glue on a pair of Halcyon pockets. The neck is a little snug for me, and I would rather they had a less bulky flap behind the zipper. The padding it provides is worthless for me since my BP keeps my tank(s) away from my back. It's all about fit and their pattern matches my body very well.

My buddy dove the winter in a Pinnacle and would be quite dry after the dive. Now does Pinnacle make the zippers themselves or are the zippers bought from another company. If zippers are overstressed and pulled over too tight over whatever is underneath, they can seperate and Id expect them too. Wetsuit zippers are only plastic. Iv have yet to have any issue with a wetsuit zipper cheap or expensive.

The 2 Extremes had drysuit zippers , the first Kodiak had metal teeth. These suits were not stretched over any material other than a swim suit .

The 2 Extremes had drysuit zippers , the first Kodiak had metal teeth. These suits were not stretched over any material other than a swim suit .

That may be the problem then, dry suit zippers on a wetsuit. Never had an issue with a plastic zip. Glad you pointed that out. A good drysuit zipper costs as much as a whole wetsuit sometimes and maybe it was a low quality drysuit zipper then. Wont argue with you on that.

Back
Top Bottom