Placencia dives Mar 21-29

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Swelbo1

Registered
Reaction score
Me and my girlfriend are headed down to Placencia on March 21-29 for our second go-round down there. The list of dives with Avadon is Glovers, Ranguana, Blue Hole and Lighthouse, Silk Cayes, and Pompion Caye. We cant really afford to do all the dives and was looking for some information on which sites are the ones that we shouldnt miss. Out of the ones listed, we have already dove Glovers and thought that was an awesome site. Any information on the other sites would be welcomed. Thanks

I think (someone else will confirm or deny this) that you're well out of whale shark season. Not that you can't see one, but it's not likely. I haven't dived all the sites you cite, but I'll certainly say that the wall dives at Lighthouse Reef are absolutely incredible. The BH is very much a matter for personal taste, and I'd just as soon sacrifice it for another wall dive. One place I'd love to dive and haven't so far is the very southern tip of Lighthouse - I've heard it's superb and I think that's likely, but I don't know anyone who's ever dived it.

One site that you could try is the Black Hole. Much smaller than the BH and I think more interesting. By the barrier reef alongside Glover's.

Peter do you mean Shark Hole ?? not far from Tobbaco Caye or another Hole ? I guess they are reffered to by different names. I dove the Shark Hole and it is an interesting and eerie dive but never heard of the black hole but they could be one of the same .

Gaz

Don't know, Gaz. I suspect it could be the same place. The folks down on Thatch Caye like taking guests there and call it the Black Hole. It's certainly a superb dive, with none of the hype associated with the BH.

Yes Peter must be the same one as its fairly close to Thatch Caye and I agree a great dive I did it with Andy Muha years ago and we saw severla Sharks in there which is why I guess they called it Shark Hole.

Definately less divers there than the Blue Hole LOL

Gaz

Thanks for all the responses. I still havent seen anything on Ranguana Caye. If yall have any information on how the dives are there, it would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom