Plane crash

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divenomad

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I can't verify details, but it appears the owners ? of Aqua Safaris dive shop in Santa Cruz were killed along with their two sons in in a light plane crash in Watsonville.

Santa Cruz family of 4 dies in plane crash

Even if the details are not correct, they were local divers.

My condolences to the family.

Nomad

Looks like the article may have been flushed out some more and confirms the details.

My sympathy goes out to their extended family and to their dive shop.

Thank you all, its true, the owners of Aqua Safaris Scuba Center in Santa Cruz, Dede and David Houghton, along with their two young sons Ryan and Luke died last night when their small plane crashed shortly after take off from the Watsonville airport. The shop has temporarily been closed until family arrives. All of us employees and instructors here at AS are in a state of shock and will greatly miss this family that was not only our bosses but friends. They were very active in the community and very generous to all...

This is awful. I'm going to miss them and their many community-minded activities. :sad2: My condolences to their family and friends.

This is so very sad. My thoughts and prayers to family and friends.

Dede and David were very generous and inclusive. I remember the older son grilling kelp for us during the dive shop dives at McAbee's. This is a huge loss. My condolences to their loved ones.

Hard to know what to say. My first trip to the Channel Islands was with them. So vibrant and full of life. It's been some time since Ive been in Aqua Safaris. I wish now more than ever I made the effort to do so. Blessings to them and there family and may peace be there hearts...

How sad. They were some of the nicest people I've ever met.

My condolences to family and friends.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom