Planktonic Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Korimu spelling?

thanks for sharing.........

I got three. That wreck is way past the depth rating for them.

To me this sounds like the standard descent scenario most of us use for a 80 or 100 foot spearfishing dive, but unfortunately applied to a deep dive.....When a bunch of us are dropping just to 80 or 100 feet off Palm beach, the different descent speeds of buddies is small enough over that distance/drop, to mean you don't easily get separated--it is easy to re-form up, at the bottom.

When you start doing 200 to 280 foot deep dives, you discover pretty quickly that is essential to descend at the same pace exactly as your buddy. You are easily getting vertical and horizontal separation on the bigger tech dives, from just small differences on descent speed or trajectory towards intended dive site. When one diver has the float/flag like in your scenario, this is a spectacular example of a buddy or team based responsibility, that really drives the point home about how critical it is to always have your buddy at least peripherally in your vision, if not directly. If my buddy is not descending as fast as I would like them to on a 200 foot plus dive, I will just have to deal with it and match their pace, even if it means getting blown off the target site on the bottom by current. There is really no other choice. On a place like Juno Ledge at 90 feet, with 80 or 100 foot vis, issues like this just are not considered by most divers.

DD, this was an excellent story to share, and thanks for it.

I think I pooped myself a little reading this. Glad this was revived.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom