Planning a surprise mid-February trip.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LovetoFloat

Registered
Reaction score
Hi:

My wife's 40th birthday is in February. I would like to take her somewhere laid back where we can snorkel from the beach. I've been surfing the net to get ideas and have also visited the bookstores to check out the visitors guides, e.g., Frommer's.

I think I have narrowed it down to 4 possible places.
1. Antigua
2. Bonaire
3. Grenadines
4. St. Croix

Someone also mentioned St. Lucia, although I have not seen it recommended as a place to snorkel.

We are very low maintenance folks (we spend our summers in Cape May, NJ) and are not into the nightlife/bar/party scene. I am looking for somewhere quiet and romantic. We like hanging out in our shorts and flip flops. Nothing fancy.

We do own our own wetsuits. We travel to the southern Florida Keys (Cudjoe), so we invested in our own suits.

All and any advice is greatly appreciated. I'd like to get my arrangements finalized in the next week or two. We live in Eastern PA (if that makes a difference).

Thanks,
Dan.

Back
Top Bottom