plastic inserts in apollo bio pro fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ecrowe9298:
I assumed that is what they were, shape holders like some new shoes come with, I just wanted to make sure. I would rather ask a stupid question on here than to feel stupid at a shop. Thats why I love this board!!

Ecrowe9298: This is a great board. The best in diving. As others have noted the plastic inserts are simply shape holders. The inserts should be removed before diving. They can be reused for storage.

mdb:

Why are inserts shipped with Apollo Bio fins when these fins are made from natural rubber? Surely this material naturally programmes them to retain their shape. Fins with thermoplastic foot pockets, on the other hand, do require these inserts for storage, because this material doesn't have the same resilience as the natural product and will "sag" otherwise.

David Wilson:
mdb:

Why are inserts shipped with Apollo Bio fins when these fins are made from natural rubber? Surely this material naturally programmes them to retain their shape. Fins with thermoplastic foot pockets, on the other hand, do require these inserts for storage, because this material doesn't have the same resilience as the natural product and will "sag" otherwise.

David: The inserts are there for shipping integrity. Some people like to store their fins using the plastic inserts. The all natural bio-fins will also "sag" a bit w/o the inserts. It is no problem, simply cosmetic. The stiffer foot pockets, bio-fin XT's, tend to hold the natural oval shape with or w/o inserts for storage.

Thanks for responding, mdb, with a full explanation. I appreciate it.

I live in the UK and was wondering whether it will soon be possible to obtain full-foot Bio fins online here now that Apollo's European website is under construction? Up to now, the continent appears to have been declared an exclusively open-heel fin area by some diving equipment manufacturers, including Apollo. Some of us here do prefer full-foot fins and want the option of wearing them with socks or boots when it gets cold!

David Wilson:
Thanks for responding, mdb, with a full explanation. I appreciate it.

I live in the UK and was wondering whether it will soon be possible to obtain full-foot Bio fins online here now that Apollo's European website is under construction? Up to now, the continent appears to have been declared an exclusively open-heel fin area by some diving equipment manufacturers, including Apollo. Some of us here do prefer full-foot fins and want the option of wearing them with socks or boots when it gets cold!

David the Apollo full foot bio-fins were designed to wear with 3-5mm boots and socks.
www.apollosportsusa.com/Products/Fins/Biofin_UNI.htm

The UK distributor is @ sales@bluesports.co.uk

The website is: www.apollo-europe.com

Best wishes for lots of safe diving.

I've made it a habit of putting the inserts back in for storage. I'm sure the fins are fine without them, but it makes me feel a little better as they go in the bottom of the pile in my duffle bag.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom