Please help decide if I should keep this tank - XS Scuba HP100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FREAKING $%$E%#$#@%@#$#@ AMAZING!!!!! Sorry for getting a little excited there :)

I just called my local shop and they just so happened to have a brand new (11-2013) XS Scuba HP100 in stock and I can have it for $330!

This one is going back pronto! OUTTA HERE!

Thanks for all your replies!

---------- Post added September 16th, 2014 at 08:11 PM ----------

You had to remind me and bum me out again...

---------- Post added September 16th, 2014 at 08:10 PM ----------

Sorry bud....I did not find out about this until two weeks ago. Talking about being late to the party.

If I did not get lucky finding one at my local store just now, chances are I won't be able to find a new one anywhere.

Last edited:
I have HP100s from 2013, they look much much better than what your pictures show. I also have another two HP100 from 2007, also look a lot better. And for $300, I think it is way too much for used tank in such condition.

I have HP100s from 2013, they look much much better than what your pictures show. I also have another two HP100 from 2007, also look a lot better. And for $300, I think it is way too much for used tank in such condition.

I agree with you 100%.

My first experience with a steel galvanized tank was last year when I bought my XS Scuba HP100.

Mine still looks like the day I bought it so I was quite shocked by how this 2013 tank looked when I opened the box.

I have a ally 63 from 1985 that looks better than that. Ha ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a ally 63 from 1985 that looks better than that. Ha ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

haha that's funny.....This tank is looking worse and worse by the minute.

Good thing the seller is willing to take it back.

I wonder if this tank was sitting on the deck of a dive boat. For a one year old tank to look like that, what a shame.

Didn't you get a chance to get a pic before you bought it?

Didn't you get a chance to get a pic before you bought it?

nop and if I did I would not have placed the bid, heck no!

The tank was listed as a new 2013 tank so I thought it's a new old stock which is quite common for these tanks as they don't get sold nearly as often as the AL tanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom