please id lp steel tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

that's the plan

Ya done good dude....

Now, Im afraid to ask, but being me Im going to anyway, How did you get the name Goatboy?

Scares me dude.

PS, skip the valves and just buy a manifold to double them puppys up, and you will have some real gass on yer ass!

Have fun!

Dave

i got the name from an old job i had, a really long go-t and i was the young kid at the time so i was goatboy.

i think im goona run them as singles right now, im pretty much confined to regular (smaller) lake diving right now, so i dont' really have a need doubles. there only one place near me where people use them. however the person i got the tanks from has an isolation manifold to fit the tanks, he said i could have it for $100 dollars, i don't think it's a high end brand, but it is new and collecting dust in his counter doing nothing, i don't need it but it would be nice to make doubles for cheap. i'd still need bands , but i can make those so no big deal. just a thought

later

kurt

dive them as singles for a while.
find some moduler din valves ( dive rite is a good deal) one left and one right.....this way u can add the isolater crossover later to make doubles if u care 2.
what kind of bc do u have??

i just ordered a stainless b/p from fred T. And my oxycheq 45 wing should be here on monday. It will be my first b/p so im excited.

kurt

goatboy_k once bubbled...
i just ordered a stainless b/p from fred T. And my oxycheq 45 wing should be here on monday. It will be my first b/p so im excited.

kurt

never heard of fred t or oxycheck.
use dive rite wings myself and love the back inflation!!
the ridgid back plate with wings is however less "squirlly" esp. if u double up those 104's.
probably want to go to dual 60 lbs. bladders with doubles though.

goatboy_k once bubbled...

kurt

just researched on line your purchases of the fred t plate and oxycheq wing products...they look like good products.

been diving a long while and we fill and service our own gear....this allows us to steer clear of the local "lds" and miss out on a lot of the new fangled stuff avail.

i use a single h-valved oms 121(pumped 2 3500psi) , dive rite transpac, posiedon odins, sherwood magnum and a e-bottle 4 O2, 3 mil wet suit( not this summer though)

diving offshore jax florida 25-50 miles out...great wrecks 80-160 fsw...good vis( 50-200)...warm temps as a rule.
dive nitrox on bottom and deco on pure....use nitek 3's for deco computers

great place for video and spearfishing!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom