please recc good SG dive shop (for training)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divedrewsf

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Hello- a good friend of mine is looking to finally get certified. He lives in SG and will maybe have his 13yo daughter take the course as well (if she's old enough).

I'd appreciate a recc of a good shop there for training, please.

TIA!

gue rec 1 wont work if the daughter is 13. would have to wait until 14.

i don't mean to start any sh*t...but, yeah, either a PADI/NAUI/SDI shop recc would be much preferred.

these people will 100% never ever get into anything tech. they will likely be the classic 1-2x/year divers.

i don't mean to start any sh*t...but, yeah, either a PADI/NAUI/SDI shop recc would be much preferred.

these people will 100% never ever get into anything tech. they will likely be the classic 1-2x/year divers.
I agree with you on that. There is no use for a GUE cert if they aren't gonna dive frequently.

A few month late, but:
- If price is a concern, you may want to recommend them to some of the cheaper ones like Fishermen Scuba (http://www.fishermenscuba.com/). I think they are located near the Lavender/Kallang area.

- If you want a good company where price isn't an issue, you can consider Orpheus Dive (Singapore Scuba Diving Courses - Premier PADI Dive Centre). They are really knowledgable and able to give a really holistic training experience.

To add on:
Fisherman Scuba prices ranges from around $450 for whole course, certification and rentals. This price was offered during Adex 2024 in March.
Orpheus dive roughly range around $800-$1k last I checked (Nov 2023).

Jimmy Choo at Red Scuba. Former navy diver and dual GUE/SSI instructor with thousands of dives. You don't need to buy into the whole GUE philosophy (I still haven't) but a good instructor is a good instructor. I did Fundies pt 1 + drysuit with him after maybe 300(?) dives so I can become a better underwater photographer and my buoyancy/finning actually did improve quite a bit. I did my OW in Tulemban and my AOW in Roatan at dirt cheap factory dive shops and what you learn is really not comparable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom