Plymouth Dive Spots ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sgt_Nutz

Reaction score
Kinda late in the season but.......What are some good dives around Plymouth by boat? Been fishing all around there for years but havnt dove much. I have done the Mars(deep and dark). Havnt tried the Endicott yet. Has anyone dove off the Gurnett? There are a couple wrecks marked on the charts close in there. I here lobstering off Manomet can be good. Someone mentioned in a previous post that High Pines is kinda featureless.

I dove the Pinthis once probably 15 years ago. Deep and clear vis. could almost see the dive boat from the bottom that day.

pinthis is a nice dive. ive dove off gurnet for bugs....
and ive dove high pines as well..
high pines os ok, corse bottom with intermitent boulders.....
all depends on what your looking for

wrecks mostly......lol. Like to do a second shallow bug dive. Only had my own boat the last couple of years and have fished out of Plymouth alot. Never dove there.

I have a friend with a boat in Duxbury.
we like to dive the PINTHIS and hit gurnet for bugs on the way back

I don't know any dive site names there in Plymouth, but I can tell you that the bay (cove??) area adjacent (1/4 - 1/2 miles offshore?) to the Plymouth nuclear power plant proved fruitful and interesting on my first ever post-c-card dive a few years ago. To my shock, glee, and adrenaline-overload, my cousin bagged a 6 lb. monster bug, which must've tasted damned good, and looked 20% larger than it was. Alas, I commuted in, had to rush out so couldn't share in the feast.

The size and number of the bugs there are rumored to be attributable to the warm water pumped from the nuclear plant itself. Gene mutation, anyone?? I'd like to log the name if one exists, or at least have a proper BS story to pass along to the grandkids. Curious also if there's any truth to the correlation of warm-water discharge/temperature variation to bug size/reproductiion rates?

Would love to go back to Plymouth or anywhere down by pre-bridge Cape Cod, anytime soon, anytime later, job permitting I'm there with fins on.

Eggman

I live across the street from Warren Cove in Plymouth. I see one or two lobsta boats working the area. A buddy of mine told me that his first 30 dives were shore dives from his house on the cove and mentioned the lobstas are plentiful. If you are interested in coming down pm me with contact info and we can go have some fun.

Greg

Tengai:
I live across the street from Warren Cove in Plymouth. I see one or two lobsta boats working the area. A buddy of mine told me that his first 30 dives were shore dives from his house on the cove and mentioned the lobstas are plentiful. If you are interested in coming down pm me with contact info and we can go have some fun.

Greg

Shhhhhhhh! :wink:

Boats ready to go. Extended the swim-platform ladder. New HP120. Tamed the pony-tamer. Now only if this weather breaks............... :sunny

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom