Poacher (aleged) with 64 lobsters Arrested

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pasley:
Press-Telegram Wednesday August 11, 2004

Vincente Guevara, age 29 of Los Angeles was booked Saturday for possessing lobster out of season, Possession of 64 lobsters and undersized lobsters. The arrest occurred in Palos Verde at Paseo del Mar.

I would suggest that when this comes up for trial, a letter writing campaign would be in order to the judge and prosecutor recommending the maximum punishment.

I thought this was gonna be about my bro and SoCal Local Lobster Legend WhalerKyle. :wink:

K

This is not a small theft or violation.
This guy was poaching on a commercial scale.
No doubt that there are plenty more of his kind.
If not dealt with harshly their numbers will increase.
He needs lots of jail,community service and plenty of short paychecks.

I say he gets flogged, then stoned, then hung, then fried!

mech:
This is not a small theft or violation.
This guy was poaching on a commercial scale.
No doubt that there are plenty more of his kind.
If not dealt with harshly their numbers will increase.
He needs lots of jail,community service and plenty of short paychecks.

Yep, if this was poaching on a "commercial" level, they should also go after the places that buy large quantities of ocean product from non commercial suppliers!

headhunter:
So, now I get it. This is just an excuse to have a bar-b-que! :wink:

Christian
ROTFLMA

Mo2vation:
I thought this was gonna be about my bro and SoCal Local Lobster Legend WhalerKyle. :wink:
K
Dont talk to me about WhalerKyle.
Kyle deserves the same treatment, for keeping us in suspense so longabout his tank/destert/HV projectile experiment.

Yeah but, what happened to all them lobster? Were they tossed back into the ocean or were they taken home by the arresting officer for "Further Investigation"?

Back
Top Bottom